Hi Guys and Gals, i need some help here, 2 days ago i received a notification about connecting my phone to charge because a big update was coming, so i did it, but now the phone has been with a black screen and just a purple light that blink. Now, has been like that for close to 3 days already and i've been thinking about disconnecting the phone, remove battery and start it up again since the 5 first hours passed because i need the f.... phone. i waited this long because i read a post about a phone 2 days updating and because i have another one.
    Please let me know what to do because i need it, but i don't want to make any damage to my S5 if i interrupt that. Or have to start all over again.

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!
    02-06-2015 01:03 PM
    Wow, that does sound strange... an update definitely doesn't take that long. Unfortunately, there's no way of telling if once you reboot the update will restart or if something has already been written and failed in the process, which could probably have rendered your phone unusable unless you do a back up restore. Did you have one done in Kies before?

At this point all you can do is try and reboot, see what happens
    Napa Neat likes this.
    02-06-2015 01:09 PM
    Hehe, Crap! No i haven't.
    Yeah i don't know, i think i'm going to disconnect and restart and see what happen, luckily all my important information is synchronized with google and mostly online.
    02-06-2015 01:17 PM
    Hopefully it will have been just a glitch and restarting the phone will fix it. Crossing my fingers for you! But yeah, updates usually don't take more than a few minutes, a couple hours at most if your phone is too packed... but not days.
    Napa Neat likes this.
    02-06-2015 01:23 PM
    Did you actually tell the phone to start the update, or just connect the charger and leave it be?

Have you turned the screen on to check if it's just sitting waiting for you to accept the update?

Maybe the flashing light is just a notification
    Napa Neat likes this.
    02-06-2015 01:48 PM
    Oh for god sake, over 2 days with out my S5 and wasn't the update, the good thing is that after removing the battery and restarting everything works fine, now is very strange because i never had a problem like that on my phone before, to end up locked on a black screen, unresponsive with just a light blinking.
    Now i backed up with Kies too.

Thank you very much for your help guys, i was afraid of what to do.
    SpookDroid and Detectionable like this.
    02-06-2015 03:35 PM
    Well, I'm glad your phone is alive and well after two days 'in a comma'.
    02-06-2015 03:59 PM