09-07-2016 12:42 AM
247 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I think I've found a solution! I saw it on a different thread so I gave it a try, and so far, so good!

Go to Application Manager > All > Google App, then Uninstall Updates. Restart. Hopefully no more annoying home button issues after that!
    Thanks! This appears to have resolved the issue, for now anyway...

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-20-2015 10:22 PM
    Hey everybody, this is my first post on the forum.

On my galaxy S5 recently, over half of the time that I want to go home, and i hit the button, it just takes my to google now instead. Is there a way to change this setting?

Thanks
    I am having the same issue after 4.4.4 they need to fix it! Or get us lollipop!
    Tommy Schroer likes this.
    02-21-2015 08:21 AM
    Same problem here. Just have to click home button 2 quick times vs 1. It is aggravating.
    02-21-2015 01:12 PM
    I just did this and fixed my problem:

when the Google search opens hold down the menu button>>>settings>>>phone search>>>uncheck the Apps.

if you don't see that menu go to app store>>my apps and make sure all your Google apps are updated. Good luck!

Thanks! This appears to have resolved the issue, for now anyway...

02-21-2015 02:07 PM
    I powered off, removed the battery for about a minute, and then started back up. Problem solved for me.
    02-22-2015 08:47 AM
    I was always pro android after switching from iPhone but after the 4.4.4 update I am completely annoyed by this feature. And when in a hurry and trying to map somewhere or call someone, pressing the home button opens the Google now app and then I have to go back and exit out all other running apps before doing so. Frustrates the hell out of me and it makes me miss my iphone. This needs to be fixed or updated. Asap.
    Sara R likes this.
    02-22-2015 01:44 PM
    I un-installed the Google search update and it seems to be working fine now.
    02-22-2015 03:18 PM
    OK, here's a workaround if you don't want to uninstall Google search.

1) Install Swipeup Utility
    2) Hold down the home button, and choose Swipeup Utility as the default for that action
    3) Open Swipeup Utility, and set the action to Home Button.

Now every time you hit the home button, you will be taken Home, regardless of whether the phone registers a short or long hold. Of course, now you will be in the situation where you don't have the option of doing a long hold to bring up Google Now, so if that is important to you this may not be the best solution. But you could always install Home2 Shortcut and set the double home tap to Google, and just double tap when you want Google Now.

EDIT: Sorry, I'd love to post links to referenced apps, but this is my first post.
    02-22-2015 06:00 PM
    Been week and a half now... Phone works perfectly after the battery removal.... Just saying..... And mine was really bad!

02-23-2015 10:38 AM
    Same thing I'm dealing with.. almost makes me regret leaving Apple. When the update first came out when I hit my home button ( no matter how fast or slow) it would go to the Google search page. After reading a lot of post I learned to disable the Google app. So I did and that was solved. Then half the time my home button would not even work. So I sucked it up and did a factory reset loosing a lot of stuff just in home of having a working phone... sadly I'm back to square one.... hoping for a fix soo. Cause this crap is annoying!
    02-25-2015 07:00 AM
    I agree. Restarting the phone is a temporary fix. Has anyone found a more permanent solution? This has been bugging me for over a week now and I want to stop it.
    02-25-2015 10:09 AM
    I was racking my brain trying to resolve this issue also so I installed the Google app and noticed it automatically redownload so I went to the App Store and found that update the Google app I uninstalled the update and then at the top right hand corner I press the three buttons and noticed that it was set for automatic update, I unchecked the automatic updates box and hopefully it brings me back to the just one touch home button. Will advise if it comes back
    02-25-2015 06:51 PM
    I've had the same issue for a few days now, so annoying. I did the Google "uninstall updates" and then restarted my phone. So far so good.
    02-25-2015 07:50 PM
    it's called touch wiz which controls the home button. search for it under utility/apps and set as regular default.

worked fine for me.
    02-26-2015 09:08 AM
    Open S voice go to settings uncheck open via home key
    02-27-2015 12:58 AM
    All you have to do is go to Application Manager > Google App > click "Turn off." This instantly fixed the problem for me.

**Note: This will disable voice texting, but I personally never use that, anyways.
    02-28-2015 12:25 PM
    Same problem. I figure there will eventually be an update to fix the home button problem.

For now, I figured a really stupid workaround...but it seems to be repeatable. I just hit the home key three times fast. Yeah, it goes right to the home screen. And it allows me to keep all the Google functionality on my phone.
    02-28-2015 02:21 PM
    Same issue. I've had COUNTLESS chats with Samsung Technical support and they are of no help at all. They don't want to admit the quality of their devices are subpar. As an old iPhone user, now have Samsung Galaxy S5, I thought I would have had a better experience with android. That iPhone 6 is looking real good now.

touchwiz blows.
    02-28-2015 03:26 PM
    Ok, so this problem has been plaguing me for almost a month, including my phone being so much slower, but mine is fixed now. I just took it to the Samsung kiosk at my local best buy, and they connected it to their system, and reflashed the firmware. My phone is faster now, and I can get home with one press. He said sometimes the update can get screwed up over wifi. Hope this helps everybody.
    Tommy Schroer likes this.
    02-28-2015 07:17 PM
    This has been happening to my phone (S5 Active) and a friend's phone (S5) for a few days now. Both AT&T, both recently received the 4.4.4 update. Restarting helped for a short period of time, maybe a day or two. Bumping this thread for visibility and hopefully a permanent fix, because we are both ready to run our phones over it's so annoying.
    03-01-2015 10:42 AM
    Same issue. I've had COUNTLESS chats with Samsung Technical support and they are of no help at all. They don't want to admit the quality of their devices are subpar. As an old iPhone user, now have Samsung Galaxy S5, I thought I would have had a better experience with android. That iPhone 6 is looking real good now.

touchwiz blows.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. This is an AT&T issue after an update AT&T released. Go back to being an iSheep

Posted via MY Note 4
    03-01-2015 05:55 PM
    My thoughts exactly !
    03-01-2015 07:43 PM
    This is the most annoying thing ever about to take a sledgehammer yo this phone
    03-01-2015 07:48 PM
    Super glitch of home screen button to Google Now instead of Home Screen really needs a fix! So f.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.n.g.
    03-02-2015 09:57 AM
    This issue will not be resolved until there is another update. This is why:
    Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Cavin'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125603304657X

Cavin: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Darryl Sepulveda: Hi, I have had an ongoing issue with my GS5 model: smg900a. The issue is that when i press my home key it directs me to google now instead of going home.

Cavin: I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you with the home button on your device.

Darryl Sepulveda: I have tried a sof reset and hard reset, but they only temporarily fix the issue.

Cavin: I will do my best to help you.

Darryl Sepulveda: I spoke to two different samsung agent about it but no solution yet.

Darryl Sepulveda: I noticed the issue when I got the 4.4.4 update from att.

Cavin: I request you to go to settings>>application manager.

Cavin: In that please swipe right to all tab.

Cavin: Please select the google application.

Cavin: Please select turn OFF or disable it.

Cavin: Are you able to follow the above steps?

Darryl Sepulveda: The google search app?

Cavin: No, it is Google application.

Cavin: Have you disabled it?

Darryl Sepulveda: yes

Cavin: Please check with the result now.

Darryl Sepulveda: Its fixed the issue, but its vibrates as though it were about to launch google now.

Cavin: Please restart the device and check with the result.

Darryl Sepulveda: ok

Cavin: Please let me know the status.

Darryl Sepulveda: it doesnt vibrate any more. does this mean i cant use google voice commands anymore?

Cavin: You will not be able to use the google browser.

Cavin: You need to use the default web browser only.

Darryl Sepulveda: why is this issue occuring?

Cavin: I am sorry, it is the temporary issue.

Cavin: It will be fixed for sure.
    03-04-2015 12:02 AM
247 ... 45678 ...