tools
    1.Click on "google settings"
    2.Click "search and now"
    3.Click "voice"
    4.Click "ok google detection"
    5.Click" from google the google app"
    6.Click the button from on to off.
    04-01-2015 12:07 AM
    Jacked from another thread. I did this & restarted and the problem is gone!
    I FOUND A FIX! i called att and this of course is a known issue. -Go to settings -Application manager -Scroll to the left for "ALL" - scroll down and find "touchwiz home" -clear cache -clear defaults Hit home hit "always" to make touchwiz home defualt click ok. (I had 2 different TouchWiz apps I did this to)
    04-01-2015 12:43 PM
    I reset my TouchWiz amd it did not help at all...

Posted via Android Central App
    04-01-2015 01:43 PM
    I just went to app manager went to Google app cleared defaults found what it was trying to make me choose between in my case dragon mobile assistant and deleted it it's worked so far
    04-01-2015 01:47 PM
    Go to Applications Manager on the Settings menu, Turn off GOOGLE and happy days are here again
    04-01-2015 03:37 PM
    This worked for me. I was able to turn Google search back on and everything seem to work correctly. Thank you for sharing.
    04-01-2015 05:59 PM
    After weeks of struggling with this and looking through this forum, I finally got my home button working properly. Its a simple fix.
    Go to settings, then go to Accessibility, & then dexterity and interaction, then click the "Press and Hold Delay" Set it to 1.5 Seconds. Google now will not appear unless you really hold in the button now.
    clintkirk likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:23 AM
    I agree with everyone!
    Im ready to throw my phone at the damn wall!
    04-07-2015 08:19 PM
    Also created an account only to follow this issue, S5 Active same problem, driving me crazy!
    04-08-2015 02:07 AM
    After weeks of struggling with this and looking through this forum, I finally got my home button working properly. Its a simple fix.
    Go to settings, then go to Accessibility, & then dexterity and interaction, then click the "Press and Hold Delay" Set it to 1.5 Seconds. Google now will not appear unless you really hold in the button now.
    Sorry...this doesn't make any difference with this problem. Give it a day...it'll come back. I'm pressing my home button at lightning speed and its still coming up. I hate this phone more and more every day.
    04-08-2015 06:27 AM
    Hey everybody, this is my first post on the forum.

On my galaxy S5 recently, over half of the time that I want to go home, and i hit the button, it just takes my to google now instead. Is there a way to change this setting?

Thanks
    I was having this same problem! So annoying! I finally figured out you can go to your apps and uninstall the Google app. I didn't mind doing it since I never used it anyways. Hope this helps!
    04-08-2015 02:33 PM
    Ok I found this and so far it has worker perfectly and my Home button is so fast again, just flies back to the home page:

You have the wipe the cache of your phone, not the apps.

"As first thing, turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5/S5 Active by long pressing on the Power On / Off button. After the phone is complete off,you need the following key combination to boot the smartphone:

Press and hold:

• Power On / Off

• Volume up

• Home-Button

If the Samsung Galaxy S5 vibrates once, release the Power On/ Off button but keep the other two keys from the key combination pressed until a boot menu appears on the display.

Now mark the entry "Wipe Cache partition" with the volume quieter button. With the Power On / Off button confirm that procedure. This function takes only a few seconds. Then the previously displayed menu reappears. Now select the first entry with "reboot system now" and run the command again with a press of the Power button. Your Samsung Galaxy S5 will now reboot and start your Android OS.

Done!" Enjoy!
    04-09-2015 04:58 AM
    I uninstalled Google for about a week and reinstalled it and that seemed to make the problem go away. I don't see it happening after my upgrade to Lollipop either.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 06:52 AM
    Lollipop update fixed it!!

Posted via Android Central App
    04-09-2015 06:57 AM
    This worked the best! Although something made me reset my home screen and apps. O well, it's better than the silly google hangup!!

Jacked from another thread. I did this & restarted and the problem is gone!
    I FOUND A FIX! i called att and this of course is a known issue. -Go to settings -Application manager -Scroll to the left for "ALL" - scroll down and find "touchwiz home" -clear cache -clear defaults Hit home hit "always" to make touchwiz home defualt click ok. (I had 2 different TouchWiz apps I did this to)
    04-09-2015 10:02 PM
    for those of us lurking and waiting for a fix, AT&T announced releasing lollipop for the S5's on wednesday.

search android central for samsung-galaxy-s5-att-now-getting-taste-lollipop (can't post links because this is my first post... that's stupid!)
    04-10-2015 10:30 AM
    I am sooooooo tired of updates that ruin phones. The thing is, these phones are not cheap. So we spend all of this money because we want a phone that works good. We want these special features and better processing. But then once they're home a few months, they update them and all these problems start. I seriously think it would be a valid lawsuit that an upgrade MUST actually make the phone BETTER, not more annoying like this update. I don't want to go to Google Now. I also don't like that it is recording my conversations and giving me "suggested" ads based on things I've discussed. They said it's all computer done and doesn't save anything, but I hate it. Specifically what I was discussing had NOTHING to do with my life and now I get ads about it (tires). It's very intrusive. And give us back our home button please!
    04-15-2015 03:17 PM
    This is how solved it in my s5:
    search for "google settings" in google search bar of your s5.
    goto search&now -> now cards.
    enable "show cards" feature.
    disable "show cards" feature. At this time it will ask a question about disabling "google now" and I said YES
    Sara R likes this.
    04-15-2015 06:07 PM
    yep. opened my account just to rant about this bogus upgrade!!!
    04-15-2015 07:35 PM
    I tried a lot of the suggestions on here and they were all temporary fixes. But 3 days ago I uninstalled the "Google Search bar" and reset the Home default to TouchWiz Home and without fail, it goes to my home page every time, it no longer goes to the Google Search Engine. I'm finally happy with my phone again after 2 months of this annoying problem.
    04-17-2015 11:01 AM
    Following, very annoying.
    go to settings then application manager and then Uninstall updates on Google search
    04-17-2015 04:18 PM
    I am still experiencing this issue. I have tried a few of the solutions suggested in this thread, but nothing has made a permanent fix. I have been to my local AT&T store three times - and each person (all different) does a "soft reset" (removes battery, waits 30 seconds, then powers back up), and the issue is temporarily resolved. I got into a twitter exchange last evening with Samsung Mobile and AT&TCares (oxymoron there), and they continue to ask me to "tell us what steps you have taken."

I have adjusted the time to "long" in the dexterity section.
    I have tried to remove the app.

Nothing resolves the issue - and I am about ready to launch the phone at the floor and just go postal. This is ridiculous - and an obvious attempt from Google to "convert" people.

Why can't I just have a phone that works normally??
    04-20-2015 10:18 AM
    I've got a temporary fix until an update, download swipe up utility from your play store. There u can set your home button to whatever u want. This is the only fix that had worked for me. Let me know if it works for u too
    04-23-2015 02:24 PM
    This worked for me.
    I've tried every solution on here except for deleting/ disabling the Google app because I like "ok Google" too much. I found a solution and it's been a week and no problems now. You have the wipe the cache of your phone, not the apps.

"As first thing, turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5 by long pressing on the Power On / Off button. After the phone is complete off,you need the following key combination to boot the smartphone:

Press and hold:

• Power On / Off

• Volume up

• Home-Button

If the Samsung Galaxy S5 vibrates once, release the Power On/ Off button but keep the other two keys from the key combination pressed until a boot menu appears on the display.

Now mark the entry "Wipe Cache partition" with the volume quieter button. With the Power On / Off button confirm that procedure. This function takes only a few seconds. Then the previously displayed menu reappears. Now select the first entry with "reboot system now" and run the command again with a press of the Power button. Your Samsung Galaxy S5 will now reboot and start your Android OS.

Done!"
    04-25-2015 09:40 AM
    Did anyone try a soft reset? Open up the back cover and pull out the battery, wait 10-30 seconds, put the battery back in and reboot. Worked for me, but I don't know if it's a temporary fix or not.
    04-27-2015 12:01 PM
247 ... 78910