Why do I keep losing wifi?

barbtarv

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Losing WiFi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, I'm on Verizon, had phone for approx. 9 months. Last week I noticed, it kept saying connected to - and named my WIFI. I didn't understand this, until I realized my battery was rapidly draining, because of constantly searching for a WIFI connection. I know it's not just my WIFI, I went to my daughter's this weekend, and had the same problem. Now, for the first time, I'm close to using more data than I have. What the heck is gong on? I turn my phone off every night for at least 10 minutes, usually longer. I turned off WIFI and left it off for two days and no improvement. Any suggestions anyone?

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Losing WiFi

try turning off smart network switcher in wifi settings

That is the answer that keeps being given which works but what the heck happened that caused this on everyones phone last week? We shouldn't have to disable a feature of the phone to solve a problem that just popped up for many people.

barbtarv

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site

That seems to be working, thanks so much. One question, when I change locations, will it automatically change to that WiFi?

barbtarv

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site

This worked, as to what happened, I have no clue; apparently Verizon doesn't either. Will my phone change WiFi connections when I change locations, or will I have to switch it? Thanks for the help. :)

scuba05477

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Your phone will remember all WiFi networks you come in contact with. It's a good idea to review those saved networks periodically and delete ones you don't use especially if you travel. Lots of stores and airports have free WiFi that your phone will save.
Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21