Uninstall Lollipop

dazzawm

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I think most of us would agree that the new lollipop is a load of bollocks! Is it possible to go back to Kit Kat and how do you do it please?

apastrophe

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
You can downgrade to KK. It is possible. You can get the whole tutorial online. The process is mostly the same but differs a bit from manufacturer to manufactures. It is pretty easy for LG G3 but a tad tough for Samsung. I suggest you check downgrading tutorial online. Most of them are safe and trusted but if you feel you can screw up your phone due to non-technical skills then don't mess up. But it is worth to take a risk. I have downgraded my LG G3, got it rooted, bumped it with stock Lollipop and it works like charm now.

Please feel free to ask for any help needed.

Thanks,
Apa'

RCMorf

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
This new upgrade not only drains my battery faster (It was plugged in during the upgrade) but the phone is now slower to react to any touch commands. The voice to text is also completely screwwed up. :'(

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I like LP and have no issues with it. From reading this forum anyway, It seems that most of the folks having problems refuse to do a factory reset after getting it. I understand. No one wants to go through that hassel, but it has cured most battery and performance related issues.

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I did. Instructions are in another thread. Really easy to do. I highly recommend it over sticking with Lollipoop.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I like LP and have no issues with it. From reading this forum anyway, It seems that most of the folks having problems refuse to do a factory reset after getting it. I understand. No one wants to go through that hassel, but it has cured most battery and performance related issues.

What he said. I am very happy with lollipop after a factory reset.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

After you factory reset, does it goes back to 4.4.2?

billp0023

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I did factory reset even tho I didn't want to, and didn't want an upgrade, was happy with KitKat, and mine still sucks the battery and is slow and has other glitchs that I hate, Before the upgrade I LOVED my S5....Now I am as unhappy as can be. My battery used to last all day with general use, now I change thru a 3 of my batteries in one day with the same use.

billp0023

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I did the factory reset, and I still use 3 times the battery I used to with KitKat. My phone also acts like it is less responsive. I am very disappointed. I used to brag about my Android S5 being the best phone ever....Not anymore.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol