SMS Alert sound when SMS screen is open

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a way to enable notification sounds for SMS when the SMS screen is open and phone screen is on ?

I get the alert when the SMS screen is closed, or the phone screen is off, but if I am having a conversation with someone via SMS, I obviously have the SMS screen open, and I get no sounds to tell me they have replied, it just updates the conversation on screen

G900F - Stock Lollipop 5.0

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What sms app are using? Some of the don't. I know for a fact textra and chompsms don't. Go sms pro does.

Posted via the Android Central App

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Just the stock SMS app, not really a fan of using 3rd party apps for things like SMS and email unless they are made by the email company, like Microsofts Outlook Preview app I use for email atm

AlwaysOrange00

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I just joined this forum looking for the answer to this same question.

I am using the device based SMS messages and if I have the message window open, I do not get any type of notification when a new message comes in. If I get all the way out and go back to my home screen then I will get my notification. My husband has a Galaxy S4 and I just thought he didn't know what he was doing when he asked me about it but it started happening after he upgraded to Lollipop. My S5 runs Lollipop as well.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon Message Plus app works and does this. You can also change the color of the UI, no more orange. You do not have to be a Verizon customer. I'm with AT&T and use Verizon Message +

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12