Red light on heart rate sensor

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded to Lollipop on my Verizon Galaxy S5 I have this problem that I can't seem to figure out.

When I wake up my phone the red light on the heart rate sensor comes on and stays on until I make my phone go to sleep again. I have tried going into
S Health and seeing if it is something there but I can't find anything to help me. If I use the heart rate sensor to check my heart rate it does go off but just briefly. I also believe this is draining my battery

Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Reset your sHealth, but back up your data first. Clear cache and data app and see if that fixes the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

kajukid

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem except the light is only coming on when the screen is turned on. I reset the S health app and cleared all the data but the problem is still there and definitely draining my battery.

metl

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem except the light is only coming on when the screen is turned on. I reset the S health app and cleared all the data but the problem is still there and definitely draining my battery.

Same thing is happening to my phone. Anyone know what could cause this or if there's any way to fix it?
The light turns on when the screen is on and the heart rate sensor under the camera is covered by something. It happens in every single app as long as the screen is on.

ruderegime

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I disabled s health, I uninstalled my Google fit and I'm still having this problem. Actually the light is barely lit all the time while the screen is on. Always!!!!!
Definitely draining the battery

Darren Watson1

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I had the exact same problem with my EE S5 after upgrading to Lollipop and its definitely the Google Fit app that's causing my issue.

I've since uninstalled the app, restarted and the problem went away, however if you now try and download Google Fit it says my device is not compatible with the current version; so it looks like they identified a problem and may be fixing it.

Cheers

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
FYI the newest update to the app fixes the bug and it can be reinstalled and all features re-enabled without any issues

Posted via the Android Central App