07-29-2016 02:21 PM
117 12345
tools
    I know this may be a bit of a long-shot but does everyone who's having the overheating issue using the microSD slot? if so, which brand card and class is the card?

I'm asking this because a while back I was having the same issue with my S4. After scouring the internet for a solution and the weirdest thing fixed my problem. I stumbled upon a sale on amazon and bought a Samsung Pro SDXC class10 to replace my sandisk card and for some odd reason it stopped the overheating and the battery dropping a percent a minute. Both cards were 64GB but the Samsung one did not overheat the phone.
    I had the over-heating/performance loss after the Feb OTA update to Lollipop. I have a 64GB Samsung EVO MicroSD (http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class-...cUvbUpU4394949)
    04-29-2015 11:00 AM
    @Melissa Abbott

Did you try the common fixes yet? (Empty Partition Cache, Empty Data Cache, Disable S Health)

For me, I did have to do a FDR, but even so, I will not be going back to iPhone. Who want's to pay $100 extra for 16GB of additional storage? F' you apple! Storage is CHEAP!
    04-29-2015 11:06 AM
    I upgraded to lollipop on my Bluegrass Cellular S5. And it worked great for about a month then the overheating and battery draining started. I tried everything described in this thread and it was still getting hot. So I sent it in to Samsung and they put it back on kit kat and said it was fixed. Go figure
    05-01-2015 05:14 PM
    OK, so I decided to factory reset my Galaxy S5, a little drastic since I've had it for nearly 12 months.
    Backed up the phone to MacBook Pro through Kies, then did complete factory reset and recovery from Kies to reload APPS etc.
    Phone is now charging over USB through MAC and will keep you updated as to whether I still get the battery drain and over heating problem.
    How's it working now? I'm having the same problem
    05-08-2015 04:40 PM
    I was having the same battery drain issues and over hearing on my att s5. Did the factory reset and it is working great now.

Sent from my SM-T320
    BlurryEyed likes this.
    05-10-2015 02:01 AM
    have you been using charger which is not original to charge your Samsung cell phone?
    05-16-2015 09:17 AM
    Has anyone solved this issue? Thinking about removing lollipop..

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-16-2015 11:06 AM
    05-16-2015 12:28 PM
    Can you put that in lamens terms? What is "safe mode" & what all caches do I wipe?
    05-19-2015 07:18 PM
    Can you put that in lamens terms? What is "safe mode" & what all caches do I wipe?
    See #1.3, #1.4 & #1.5 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide which covers wiping the cache partition, Safe Mode and User Apps and is a step-by-step tutorial , with videos, for absolute beginners to Android and also offers full explanations.
    aivlysweetie and BlurryEyed like this.
    05-20-2015 12:44 AM
    I had s5 lte working fine.After upgrading it into lollipop,the screen began to be divided into two especially if d battery overheated easier than before.Left side, stays as it should be.Right side keeps moving up and down To whatever applications i am doing.

I did d wipe cache,left d cp unused with disconnected battery & sim for a night.I tried d safe mode already. I also did factory reset.I did scanning and everything. Still same problem exists even if d battery is not overheat.

the phone didn't soak into water or fell down. Is this a ram issue? Battery? Hardware?
    05-25-2015 11:49 PM
    I had s5 lte working fine.After upgrading it into lollipop,the screen began to be divided into two especially if d battery overheated easier than before.Left side, stays as it should be.Right side keeps moving up and down To whatever applications i am doing.

I did d wipe cache,left d cp unused with disconnected battery & sim for a night.I tried d safe mode already. I also did factory reset.I did scanning and everything. Still same problem exists even if d battery is not overheat.

the phone didn't soak into water or fell down. Is this a ram issue? Battery? Hardware?
    There's a new one...

Is Multi Window enabled under Settings?
    05-26-2015 09:59 AM
    I also have this issue now with my S5 eating up battery like no tomorrow, overheating and being so slow and sluggish after the update.

When I factory reset my phone, should the Lollipop update be the very first thing I install?
    Meaning, should I hold off on importing photos, installing apps, etc. until I install the actual update?

Thanks in advance
    05-29-2015 01:16 PM
    I also have this issue now with my S5 eating up battery like no tomorrow, overheating and being so slow and sluggish after the update.

When I factory reset my phone, should the Lollipop update be the very first thing I install?
    Meaning, should I hold off on importing photos, installing apps, etc. until I install the actual update?

Thanks in advance
    Sounds like you're already updated to Lollipop if you're overheating/sluggish performance. If I were you, I'd ensure all updates are installed first, then perform the factory reset. And as all have warned - back up anything/everything you think is valuable to you (Pictures, Movies, Notes, Bookmarks, etc).
    06-01-2015 04:01 PM
    I factory reset my phone and it did NOT fix the problem. Any other suggestions? I'm starting to consider going to the dark side and getting an iphone
    06-02-2015 05:10 PM
    I factory reset my phone and it did NOT fix the problem. Any other suggestions? I'm starting to consider going to the dark side and getting an iphone
    Have you tried clearing the cache?

Ironass has a really solid guide here: http://androidforums.com/threads/s5-...-guide.892800/
    06-03-2015 12:34 PM
    I having the same problem. Phone's battery draining like hell.
    Even on standby battery backup is 4 hour max,
    Over-heating issue is bothering me too much and performance is too bad after updating to 5.0
    I tried all that stuff people are suggesting like fatory reset n all but still having same problem.
    06-06-2015 02:47 PM
    I had this issue: phone would heat up massively, and the battery would last only a few hours.

When I went to "battery" in the settings, it showed that Gmail was the biggest consumer of power. It turns out it was constantly trying to sync, but failing to do so, and would retry again and again, using all my processer power. I stopped the app, and turned off "sync" in the drop down toolbar.

All fixed. My phone is behaving as new.

Apparently this sometimes affects different models at different times so might clear up.
    06-10-2015 05:34 AM
    I had this issue: phone would heat up massively, and the battery would last only a few hours.

When I went to "battery" in the settings, it showed that Gmail was the biggest consumer of power. It turns out it was constantly trying to sync, but failing to do so, and would retry again and again, using all my processer power. I stopped the app, and turned off "sync" in the drop down toolbar.

All fixed. My phone is behaving as new.

Apparently this sometimes affects different models at different times so might clear up
    BlurryEyed likes this.
    06-10-2015 05:36 AM
    I having the same problem. Phone's battery draining like hell.
    Even on standby battery backup is 4 hour max,
    Over-heating issue is bothering me too much and performance is too bad after updating to 5.0
    I tried all that stuff people are suggesting like fatory reset n all but still having same problem.
    Do as others have and find out what app has been consuming the battery. There is the built in Battery in Settings or you can download a third party app.
    06-10-2015 12:17 PM
    Have read a lot about problems after installing Lollipop and I did on my last S5 and noticed the battery was draining bad. It would charge fast but drain faster. I downloaded Lollipop last night but I haven't installed it, not sure I even want to. I have heard to do a factory reset after and it has helped some people. I just don't want to install and start to have problems with my brand new phone.
    I have Verizon.
    06-10-2015 12:31 PM
    Well I accidentally hit install now instead of later and I have lollipop now lol. I did "wipe the partition cache" and it seems to be better, doesn't seem so hot. If any other problems arise I believe I will do a factory reset.
    06-10-2015 06:35 PM
    It's not just Verizon. Soon after updating my Samsung Galaxy S5 to Lollipop my phone started to heat up and burn through battery life at a rate I'd never seen before. I'm with Docomo in Japan.
    06-11-2015 10:25 AM
    Me too! It gets way too hot.
    06-12-2015 09:17 AM
    how did you do that
    06-12-2015 09:18 AM
117 12345