Music player control no longer showing up on lockscreen after Lollipop?

jansenm952

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
After updating my S5 to lollipop, the music player controls on my lock screen are no longer visible. I have to unlock my phone every time in order to skip songs and pause/play. Is there a way to fix this?

TapControl

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Another solution to your problem, is to checkout the app I just released on the Play Store. Its called TapControl, one word, and it allows you to play, pause, and skip to the next track all without using your screen or unlocking your phone. Simply tap the sides of your phone a couple times to active the desired function. I am a third year computer science student, and this is the first Android app I have created.

Search TapControl, or TapControl Lite on the play store (I do not have enough posts to post a link).

Thanks, and enjoy!

xcks

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
thnx sooooo much u saved me such a hassle. im such a music luvr and like to ezly flip thru music havn to unlok my phone to play thru my picks was a pain so u really saved me tons.

Bbluu0310

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings, sound and notification, scroll to the bottom and then turn on lock screen notifications. Then you'll have it back

I just did that and it still not showing in my locked screen.
This afternoon it was on my locked screen. But now it's not..sometimes it is,, before when I swipe down on my lock screen to clear the notifications, that music app would still be there. But now, that music app player would disappear too and now I don't know how to pull it back up. Please help

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I just did that and it still not showing in my locked screen.
This afternoon it was on my locked screen. But now it's not..sometimes it is,, before when I swipe down on my lock screen to clear the notifications, that music app would still be there. But now, that music app player would disappear too and now I don't know how to pull it back up. Please help
Try making sure you're not in the music app before you turn your screen off.

nnicoleg

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
That dont work

On the marshmallow version (6.0.1): go to settings -> applications -> application manager -> then choose the app (google play music) -> click on notifications and turn on allow notifications, set as priority, and previews in pop ups. Turn off hide on lock screen. Im not sure exactly which one does the trick but this combination keeps it on my lockscreen and when i drag the notification bar. Hope that helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz