Weather widget won't go away on lock screen after Lollipop update

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Before you ask, I have gone to settings, lockscreen, additional information and it is set to "off" along with the weather being off. I was able to get it off once but when I did a restart, it showed back up and will not go away. It makes my clock on the locks creek small even though I have it selected to be large and I can't stand it overall. The only thing I want on my locks creek is the time.

Also, I hate that it now says "verizon wireless" where the notifications were on the lockscreen.

Help?

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I figured it out! In case anyone else has this issue, it wasn't a widget but a notification. I went into settings, sound and notification, application notification and set my weather app to "off". It is no longer on the lockscreen which I love.

The downside is that I've lost the temperature in the notification bar.

MrElculver2424

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the opposite problem, but is with the actual built-in weather widget.

I want mine on the lock screen. I have it turned "on" in the "Additional Information" settings like you said. But it will not appear on my lock screen. I have tried everything. I don't know why.

bigtazzgolf

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I figured it out! In case anyone else has this issue, it wasn't a widget but a notification. I went into settings, sound and notification, application notification and set my weather app to "off". It is no longer on the lockscreen which I love.

The downside is that I've lost the temperature in the notification bar.
Thanks, newest update had my phone doing this. Now the weather is gone.

Tazz

Erik C1

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. Went through the steps you said but didn't find the "weather app". What's the name of the app?
Thanks.

Balex8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

I want mine on the lock screen. I have it turned "on" in the "Additional Information" settings like you said. But it will not appear on my lock screen. I have tried everything. I don't know why.

Balex8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Me Also. Same problems. After tge update. I lost the weather that appeared as a wallpaper on my LOCK SCREEN. I've tried all the above. Before tge update...and I don't believe I chose it. But eventually tge weather would appear depending on what tge weather was and It showed background pictures of areas around my city. Winnipeg. I lived it. Want it back soooo back. Tried everything. Sounds-notif- Accuweather-allowed on
Tried doing it through the display setting wallpaper. ..lock screen...but there is just all these ugly default preloaded screens. I don't remember chosing one before or downloading any live wall paper. I assumed Google picked up the fact that I was in Winnipeg and the weather app would show rain...or snow. ...or fog to the background of my city Winnipeg. It was great. Anybody help...I know other people must have ran into this. I don't know if it's an option in Google. ..on the phone...on the weather program "Accuweather platinum". Help anyone?

Balex8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site