Group Message issue

conman418

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
So i just seitched from an iphone to a samsung galaxy s5. Texting seems to be working but group chats are weird. Im trying to have a group chat with 2 iphone users but whenever they try to respond in the group if sends as an imessage and i dont get the message. Theyre both receiving what i text but i dont get anything they say not even as ibdividual messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You can no longer receive iMessages, that is only for iPhones. This worked for me.
1. Turn off imessage on your old iphone
2. Deactivate imessage here, https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
3. Have your friends delete any messages they have sent you and your phone number from their phone.
4. Have your friends turn off imessage.
5. Have your friends send you a message, group or individual, it doesn't matter.
6. They can then turn imessage back on and you should be good.

Posted via the Android Central App

robsw

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm dealing with the same situation and the fixes posted here do not work. They can work if you are not receiving any messages from iPhones after switching from iPhone to Android. In this case, the problem arises only with group messages that include people with iPhones. To date, with me, it has occurred only when I am the only Android phone in the group. The initial message reaches me, my responses reach everyone, but later responses do not reach me. Any help?

lschmolitz

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I had this same problem with any incoming texts coming from iphone users when I first got my Galaxy s5 ( using your old number is the root of the problem). Although the solution is fairly simple, it's far from ideal. First I should ask if you deactivated all of your accounts which were linked with your iphone, including imessages and icloud. Even though you transferred your phone number to an android device, and the service on your old phone is no longer active or can take 30 days or more for all of those old accounts to catch up and deactivate if you don't do it yourself. From what I understand, other iphones will recognize your number as an iphone contact because it was or is still linked to an account. If you HAVE actually deactivated all of your accounts and are still unable to receive messages ( I could receive text, but not from every iphone), there is one more thing that you can try. It's inconvenient but should work. You just have to make sure that the contacts you are messaging have the sms option selected, versus the imessage option in their message settings. This should clear up any imessage number confusion and send the texts right through to your phone instead of to the imessage account or wherever it ends up. And to enable true group messages on your phone, where everyone receives everyone's messages, instead of sending them together but receiving responses as individuals, you have to go into your messages settings, and enable multimedia messages. Is possible contacts may have to do the same thing before they too receive them as group. But this should fix your problem. I hope this helps...:)

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

68bucks

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I finally cleared up a similar issue today. I could generally receive group messages as long as one of the group was a non iphone but direct from an iphone to mine would not come in. They could get mine but not the other way around. First I used the online tool to deactivate my number from imessage. After a couple days it still didn't work so today I contacted Apple. They confirmed I was deactivated from imessage and facetime an told me to have the sender delete the entire thread then send a new message. I did that and now it seems to be working for all iphones whether they delete old threads or not. Haven't tried them all yet but so far so good. Hope that helps.