08-23-2018 11:59 PM
55 123
tools
    This worked perfectly. I was about to factory reset. Thank you !!

i cant solve the problem
    i have the same issue,
    plz help me
    darsh bhanushali likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:57 PM
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but I had a huge problem with activating Ultra Power Saving Mode on a Samsung Galaxy S5 mini and this thread helped, but I would like to add some info...

I had activated UPSM on my phone but I could not go back to normal. The problem was that EmergencyLauncher.apk was disabled using a packager manager, and this is the only way to go back form UPSM or Emergency Mode without any consequences. So do not mess up with it, let the system manage the app and do not freeze/uninstall it or you will be locked in either UPS or Emergency Mode. The app is listed as only "Launcher", same icon as TouchWizHome.apk/TouchWiz Launcher (I am running stock Android 6.0).

But if you are already locked in one of them, do not clear data of EmergencyProvider and EmergencyManagerService! These apps have the data of the old settings and what apps were activated before entering UPS/Emergency mode. If you clear the data you can get back to normal mode, but most apps will be disabled and you will lose many system configuration settings!

So the best way to leave this trap is simply force close EmergencyProvider and EmergencyManagerService in the settings (there are some ways listed in the thread where you can use another app or install a new launcher to go into App Settings, any will work). Do not clear data, only close both apps. Then you should see an option the Shutdown menu (hold the power button while the screen is unlocked) to disable Emergency Mode. When you restart, you should be able to disable UPSM and/or change launchers again. If you still can't, try booting in Safe Mode after closing both apps.

Regards.
    03-27-2018 06:45 PM
    My phone is on ultra power saving and I forgot my pin code to open my phone plz help asap it's very urgent
    04-08-2018 02:40 AM
    My phone is on ultra power saving and I forgot my pin code to open my phone plz help asap it's very urgent
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? If you fail the unlock enough times, does it prompt you for your Google account/password? If it's a Samsung phone, you could try using Find My Mobile to remotely change the PIN: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
    04-08-2018 01:05 PM
    I turned the Ultra Power Saving Mode and after sending a few text messages locking and unlocking the phone it froze for a moment so I restarted the phone. Now It shows me the normal home screen and I can access my apps page but everything is turned off and I cannot turn Ultra Saving Mode off. I tried manually turning it off, restarting it, taking the battery off and putting it back on. Anyone seen this that can help me figure this out?

P.S. I also performed the soft reset using the Volume Up/Power/Home method and when I click to clear the partition it gives me an error.
    08-23-2018 11:59 PM
55 123