Why won't ultra saving mode turn off?

Dbo34

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Ultra Saving Mode will not turn off

Hi All,

I turned the Ultra Power Saving Mode and after sending a few text messages locking and unlocking the phone it froze for a moment so I restarted the phone. Now It shows me the normal home screen and I can access my apps page but everything is turned off and I cannot turn Ultra Saving Mode off. I tried manually turning it off, restarting it, taking the battery off and putting it back on. Anyone seen this that can help me figure this out?

P.S. I also performed the soft reset using the Volume Up/Power/Home method and when I click to clear the partition it gives me an error.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ultra Saving Mode will not turn off

I'm not sure what exactly is the problem here. However, you might need to factory reset. You can do this through recovery (like you already tried to do) or through system settings > security.

Let us know if that works.

Dbo34

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Ultra Saving Mode will not turn off

It was a system glitch, something happened that booted the Ultra Power Saving Mode off of it's protected status. Last night while trying to avoid the dreaded factory reset, I kept playing with all the available options within Settings and was able to knock it back to the protected status thus allowing me to turn UPSM off. This was done through Settings > Personalization > Easy Mode, this brought the UPSM main screen back and once again gave me the option to turn it off.

osamurai

May 29, 2015
Visit site
hi,

I am having the exact same problem - however the only settings screen I can access is the limited functionality one you see during ultra power saving mode. Did you have the same setting screen? if so, can you explain how you got to the setting screen to fix this issue?

thanks!

Kesavan Devaraj

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Go to Safe Mode and and switch off Ultra Safe Mode. if you are prompted with choosing default launcher, then choose "Launcher" (Do not not choose Touchwitz), you will have option to disable.

IrvB

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Have very similar problem on my Galaxy Note 4, except, when I boot into Safe mode, it also shows up in UPSM, which means I have a very limited settings screen (only display and sound options enabled). Does anyone know how to at least enable all settings, so I can shut off the dreaded UPSM? Thanks in advance

Emily Shaft

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
My galaxy s6 Edge is stuck on the pop up that says "Turning Ultra power saving mode on..." and i cant access anything. It wont even let me turn the phone off. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Prak Dara

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think that my thread will help u.....
U just follow me:
Go to:
>Setting
> Application Manager
> All Tap (And than scroll down to find apps)
>EmergencyProvide (tap on it)
>Clear Data & Disable..
Done

MassGraves 666

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Have very similar problem on my Galaxy Note 4, except, when I boot into Safe mode, it also shows up in UPSM, which means I have a very limited settings screen (only display and sound options enabled). Does anyone know how to at least enable all settings, so I can shut off the dreaded UPSM? Thanks in advance

Hello, we're you ablessed to resolve your issue? I'm having the same exact problem and can't fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

rythmicbanker

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
hi,

I am having the exact same problem - however the only settings screen I can access is the limited functionality one you see during ultra power saving mode. Did you have the same setting screen? if so, can you explain how you got to the setting screen to fix this issue?

thanks!

My Galaxy S5 is likewise stuck in ultra power saving mode. None of the preceding suggestions have worked, although I have not tried any factory reset/buttons...and don't want to. Can anyone help??

Homerunhitter24

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
yeah ikr i am having the same problem with my galaxy core prime. the unlock screen backround turned black but i still have the same stuff on my screen as normal,the only thing is that i can only access the important apps like phone contacts and message.also i can only use certain settings and there is no way to turn off UPSM i have tried everything btw trying to avoid having it manually restarted

modeliukas15

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I turned the Ultra Power Saving Mode and after sending a few text messages locking and unlocking the phone it froze for a moment so I restarted the phone. Now It shows me the normal home screen and I can access my apps page but everything is turned off and I cannot turn Ultra Saving Mode off. I tried manually turning it off, restarting it, taking the battery off and putting it back on. Anyone seen this that can help me figure this out?

P.S. I also performed the soft reset using the Volume Up/Power/Home method and when I click to clear the partition it gives me an error.

The problem is that i only get network, brightness, and volume settings so i have another question. How do i do software restart?

How do you get to safe mode?

kweazy

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Another way to get around this is to side load any other launcher and to choose samsung launcher when you open the new launcher.

Safe mode won't work if you have google now launcher.

fabian209

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Go to Safe Mode and and switch off Ultra Safe Mode. if you are prompted with choosing default launcher, then choose "Launcher" (Do not not choose Touchwitz), you will have option to disable.

I'm having the same problem. My phone is stuck in ultra power saving mode but my screen is not in ultra power saving mode. I can view all my apps but I can't go to them or listen to music etc. When I swipe down the bar where I have the option to turn ultra power mode off it won't show that bar so I can turn it off. I can't go to security settings either. Only settings that ultra power mode allows. Please help. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc