Is there a European or UK Kitkat 4.4.4 ROM out there?

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there was ever a UK release of Kitkat 4.4.4 for the SM-G900F [Galaxy S5]. All I can find on SamMobile is 4.4.2, and there's no record of anything higher than that ever being to released by Samsung in the UK for the S5.

I'd flash a US ROM, but my handset was bought SIM free, and the only US ROMs I can find are from Verizon, or Sprint, or some other US carrier, and I'm not hopeful on the odds of that turning out well.

I have a context with Virgin here in the UK, so it would need to a generic 4.4.4 for the SM-G900F [I can download and install the language packs, etc...].

I would be extremely grateful for any help as there's no way I'm going back to the life sucking horror that's Android 5.0. I'd rather reactivate my HTC Desire [which incredibly still runs even though the battery hasn't been charged for about two years]...

Thanks in advance for all the help

Barry

Posted via the Android Central App

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a Samsung S5 4.4.4 Kitkat for the SM-G900F.

At the moment I'm running a 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM I downloaded from SamMobile.

I know that Verizon updated the SM-G900F to 4.4.4 in the US, but I bought my phone unlocked, and I don't know what would happen if I flashed a Verizon US ROM?

Thanks in advance for your help

Barry

Last edited:

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a Samsung S5 4.4.4 Kitkat for the SM-G900F.

At the moment I'm running a 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM I downloaded from SamMobile.

I know that Verizon updated the SM-G900F to 4.4.4 in the US, but I bought my phone unlocked, and I don't know what would happen if I flashed a Verizon US ROM?

Thanks in advance for your help

Barry

The Verizon variant of the S5 is the SM-G900V, not F. Personally, I wouldn't try flashing a Verizon ROM on your phone. If your phone is unlocked European it is probably a GSM phone, and Verizon is CDMA. I don't know if Verizon's ROM would screw up your phone completely, but I suspect it would seriously cripple its usefulness as a device for making calls.

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it's an SM-900F so I think that could have been disastrous, but I gave and and just updated to 5.0 anyway after reading that Samsung had finally done something about the appalling performance issues. To my surprise it's actually running ok! It's a huge update, but it's supprisingly smooth. The only problem so far is that I can't get smart locks to work reliably. It worked for a while, but now it refuses to recognises that I'm at home! Anything I should know about?

Thanks BTW :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci