Just received notice that LoopPay has been purchased by Samsung. This article indicates that you need a another device to use it. Compared to Apple pay, that's not very convenient. When do you expect or have you heard when Samsung will eleminate the second device. Also, if the new galaxy s6 will contain the ability to to use LoopPay , will the older models Samsung smartphones like the Galaxy s5 be able to be converted via software changes.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network
    02-19-2015 08:42 AM
    I highly doubt that is just software that is needed, logic tells me that if a device was needed then Samsung must find a way to add the same hardware the device needs and incorporate that to the phone, if I'm right, and I maybe totally wrong, only Galaxy S6 (If it was already planned and incorporated on it and the LoopPay purchase was just to secure things) and newest devices should be compatible.
    02-19-2015 09:15 AM
    The S5 already has NFC which is the same as what Apple uses. LoopPay does offer additional functionality, allowing you to pay at regular non-NFC terminals, but like Erasat said I'm guessing that will need to be built into the hardware.
    02-19-2015 09:32 AM
    That's what I thought.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network
    02-19-2015 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD