Why does it take so long to see pictures on an SD card via computer?

Nitroortin

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Takes a long time to see pictures on SD card via computer

When I connect phone to computer to see my pictures on external card, it takes a long time (about a min or 2) for all the files to show up even if I'm just pulling up the DETAIL view of files. It takes even longer if I pull up the thumbnail view. Also everytime I click out of a folder and then click back in, it appears to have to "re-do" all the thumbnails.

On my S2, I could plug in and see all thumbnails almost instantly. My guess is that the S5 is not making a thumbnail.db file or similar so that it has to reload everything fresh each time the phone is connected to the PC?

I've even made sure I had a usb 3.0 cable plugged into 3.0 port and enabled 3.0 on the phone and it was still slow.

Thanks

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Takes a long time to see pictures on SD card via computer

Mine does the same thing. I forgot and so yesterday I thought it would be easier then sending them via e-mail. I ended up e-mailing them to myself. I just used a regular 2.0 USB cord. Windows computer. But yes, my previous phones (Droids) have been quicker. Not sure what the solution is, I hope there is one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC