gallery and google photos prob

alon zuaretz

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey, my sister has the s5 and she bombarded it with photos she won't delete, thus its storage ended.
Her photos sync to Google's photo app but deleting them from gallery deletes them for Google as well.
Im not familiar with galaxy, u guys have any suggestions? Thx

Last edited:

alon zuaretz

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Shadow i didn't ask for another logical suggestion i asked how to fix my prob thx anyway, and system that's the case but i can't delete photos from the phone without deleting them from the cloud

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably the worst with photos as I don't ever back them up but I noticed on my Nexus devices when I go to delete them it asks me if I just want to delete here or delete everywhere.
from what I understand here when you delete off the phone it deletes everywhere?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You're asking how to sync 2 locations, the phone and Google picture sync, without syncing them. What syncs to Google is what's on the phone. If you add a picture on the phone, it adds to Google, if you delete a picture on the phone it deletes from Google. You can't have "add only", it doesn't work that way. Sync means "make them both the same".

Your only option is another suggestion, like storing the pictures on Drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon