I can't install an update on my s5 though at&t. I've been getting the update notification for about 6 months and every time I try to do it it says install interrupted. It's a 142mb download and it downloads completely but it fails when installing the update. Please help.
    02-22-2015 08:56 AM
    It might help to clear the system cache partition before you try again. Instructions should be stickied in the support stickies here, sorry I don't have the link.
    02-22-2015 09:00 AM
    Had that happen to me too. I ended up taking my phone into the Samsung kiosk at Best Buy. They were able to push the update directly to my phone without any kind of reset or reflash. Their best guess was that, although the download seemed complete, there was a missing or corrupt file. So far, the newest Kit Kat update seems to be working pretty well on my phone. Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-22-2015 01:23 PM
    I can't install an update on my s5 though at&t. I've been getting the update notification for about 6 months and every time I try to do it it says install interrupted. It's a 142mb download and it downloads completely but it fails when installing the update. Please help.
    Had the same problem. Went to an att retail store (not a reseller), and had them try it. When they couldn't do it, they called in for support, and they shipped me a new phone. Seems they may have some issues with updating some of the S5's.
    02-23-2015 07:25 AM
    If you're near any AT&T Device Support Centers they can definitely push the software to the phone but it WILL erase everything. So make sure to backup!
    02-23-2015 11:40 AM
    Update: I was able to research and find a fix. after going to best buy Samsung experience center the rep told me my phone would not recognize on their system and there was nothing they could do and told me good luck with my phone. Then I went to att retail by my house and they are just basic sales people that really know nothing about the products they sell. So I got on Xda developers and found the fix. Basically I had to downgrade my phone to the original software it was released with in April 2014. I got the software on Xda and flashed it on my phone using Odin. The software build number ended with NCE. Then I had to upgrade it from NCE to NG3 by putting that original OTA update file on my SD card and side loading it. Then the 4.4.4. Upgrade build number is OA1 and I upgraded from NG3 to OA1 using the same side loading method. It sounds complicated but the whole process took about 15 min and this was the first time I ever flashed software on any phone I ever owned. I took days of research to find this fix and taught me if you want sometime done you gottta do it yourself. So now I'm on the latest 4.4.4. Update for my s5 on att, just waiting on slow *** att to release the 5.0 update.

02-24-2015 01:48 AM
    The OTA can have issues via wifi or 4G or 3G I would recormend Kies as it can be set to fully download first the rom.
    The reason for this is its a big rom

02-24-2015 05:24 AM
    where did you get the other stock roms from? i found the first rom but not the two ota updates. do you have a link?
    03-07-2015 08:58 PM
    Update: I was able to research and find a fix. after going to best buy Samsung experience center the rep told me my phone would not recognize on their system and there was nothing they could do and told me good luck with my phone. Then I went to att retail by my house and they are just basic sales people that really know nothing about the products they sell. So I got on Xda developers and found the fix. Basically I had to downgrade my phone to the original software it was released with in April 2014. I got the software on Xda and flashed it on my phone using Odin. The software build number ended with NCE. Then I had to upgrade it from NCE to NG3 by putting that original OTA update file on my SD card and side loading it. Then the 4.4.4. Upgrade build number is OA1 and I upgraded from NG3 to OA1 using the same side loading method. It sounds complicated but the whole process took about 15 min and this was the first time I ever flashed software on any phone I ever owned. I took days of research to find this fix and taught me if you want sometime done you gottta do it yourself. So now I'm on the latest 4.4.4. Update for my s5 on att, just waiting on slow *** att to release the 5.0 update.

Can you put the website up for the Xda developers website?
    04-20-2015 09:32 PM
    Thank you for this, worked great.
    05-27-2015 12:01 PM
    That is odd.. You never downgraded the kernel before?
    05-27-2015 12:45 PM