Wifi direct

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a printer that's not attached to my PC. I access a via wifi. I don't understand what wifi direct means. What I have to do is go into the wifi settings, close down the regular network connection, connect to the printer and then print. It's inconvenient because sometimes I have to download from the web. That means I have to switch WiFi connections. Would wifi direct solve this problem? Thanks

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a printer that's not attached to my PC. I access a via wifi. I don't understand what wifi direct means. What I have to do is go into the wifi settings, close down the regular network connection, connect to the printer and then print. It's inconvenient because sometimes I have to download from the web. That means I have to switch WiFi connections. Would wifi direct solve this problem? Thanks

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network
If I understand correctly, WiFi direct would allow you to connect the device and printer directly through the WiFi connection without having to switch anything. Have you looked through those settings to see how you need to go about that?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Cloud Print. Once set up, when I'm in an app, if I "share", one of the things I can share to is Cloud Print. If I do that, it goes to the printer. No changing anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol