Bright White Backgrounds

JohnnyGalaga

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to make apps and other screens with a bright white background have a dark theme instead? It's much easier to read white text lettering on a dark background. For example, the phone dialer is bright white, but I want it dark like the older android versions.

I have Alliance ROM installed on a rooted S5 and am wondering if there is a dark UI theme in the settings somewhere. The 17 themes it comes with doesn't actually make the phone dialer dark. I'm seeing screenshots online of Alliance that are nice and dark (I think it's called Black Glass?), including the phone dialer. How do I get the whole android theme dark.

Same thing with other apps. There's a few local TV news apps that have a bright white background that I wish I could customize to a dark theme. The Samsung Music Player is bright white as well. Anyway to make these dark in Alliance?

Thanks.

JohnnyGalaga

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
The problem I've noticed with third-party dialer apps is that they let you type the phone number, but when you hit the phone button to place the call, it opens up the Android dialer with the bright white background. Right back to square zero. Basically, I'm just trying to figure out how to get that nice black look like I'm seeing on some of the alliance ROM screenshots. This is on a Verizon S5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia