06-11-2016 01:05 PM
48 12
tools
    That's how it works on the phone as well. If you're on Google Drive and select a document (that Google Docs can open), it should automatically open up in Google Docs. What happens when you tap a document to open? And what format is it in?
    ironass likes this.
    08-21-2015 11:54 AM
    That's how it works on the phone as well. If you're on Google Drive and select a document (that Google Docs can open), it should automatically open up in Google Docs. What happens when you tap a document to open? And what format is it in?
    You are probably on the right track. All the files in Google Drive are PDF's except one, and that is already in Google Docs. I'll try what you have suggested when I get the chance. Meanwhile, thanks again for all your help.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-21-2015 01:01 PM
    How do I copy, or import, a very large text file into Google Sheets for future editing. Thanks.

08-27-2015 10:11 AM
    Do you want the text file to be an actual spreadsheet? Would it make more sense to import it into Google Docs?

See if this helps: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/40608?hl=en
    ironass likes this.
    08-27-2015 01:07 PM
    Do you want the text file to be an actual spreadsheet? Would it make more sense to import it into Google Docs?

See if this helps: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/40608?hl=en
    I have a Samsung smartphone. The problem is that the file is in PDF format. What do you suggest?

08-27-2015 03:10 PM
    I can't find instructions on how to delete cell content in Google Sheets. Any ideas? Thanks.

08-27-2015 04:16 PM
    08-27-2015 05:28 PM
    Tap the cell first to highlight it, then tap it again to get the options. Tap Cut or Clear to delete the contents. (Cut will move it to the Clipboard, and allow you to paste it somewhere else. Clear means you just delete it and it doesn't get saved anywhere.)
    08-27-2015 11:43 PM
    Thanks again for your help. It was the 2nd click that exposed the CUT, CLEAR, ETC menu. Without your help, I was ready to give up on Google Sheets. I can't thank you enough.

ironass and B. Diddy like this.
    08-28-2015 06:29 AM
    I was trying to avoid paying for Adobe Acrobat. I swore I would never pay for a smartphone app. Before I do that, I'll probably try the free method. Regardless, you have given me an option. I can always depend on you for solutions to problems. Thanks again for your help.

08-28-2015 06:41 AM
    I tried your link. It worked up to the following :*When you’ve selected all of your files, click OPEN.* There is no selection like that. If I click START, the error is FAILED TO DOWNLOAD. What should I try next? Thanks.

08-28-2015 03:20 PM
    Are you using your computer or your phone to go to that site? If you're using a mobile browser, it might not work correctly. Use your computer's browser. You may have to copy the PDFs to your computer via USB first.
    08-29-2015 12:06 AM
    Are you using your computer or your phone to go to that site? If you're using a mobile browser, it might not work correctly. Use your computer's browser. You may have to copy the PDFs to your computer via USB first.
    I'm using my phone. There have been several times where I have needed to go to the web for the PC in order to do things that my smartphone can't. My wife occupies a PC almost constantly. I don't get access to it. Is there another way?

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network
    08-29-2015 07:11 AM
    I was trying to avoid paying for Adobe Acrobat. I swore I would never pay for a smartphone app. Before I do that, I'll probably try the free method. Regardless, you have given me an option. I can always depend on you for solutions to problems. Thanks again for your help.

I'm using my phone. There have been several times where I have needed to go to the web for the PC in order to do things that my smartphone can't. My wife occupies a PC almost constantly. I don't get access to it. Is there another way?

My initial suggestion is... file for a divorce!

My second suggestion for converting a .pdf to a word document, entirely on your Galaxy S5, is easyPDF - Best PDF Converter, free from the Play Store. Their website is:- Convert PDF to Word for Android phone and tablet - easyPDF

I'm beginning to think that B.Diddy and I are starting to spoil you!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-29-2015 08:30 AM
    My initial suggestion is... file for a divorce!

My second suggestion for converting a .pdf to a word document, entirely on your Galaxy S5, is easyPDF - Best PDF Converter, free from the Play Store. Their website is:- Convert PDF to Word for Android phone and tablet - easyPDF

I'm beginning to think that B.Diddy and I are starting to spoil you!
    It worked perfectly. You have no idea how long I have struggled with this problem. You are a genius. Thanks again. BTW, YOU 2 have spoiled me. I'm grateful for your wonderful expertise. Thanks again for your help.

B. Diddy and ironass like this.
    08-29-2015 10:24 AM
    My patience for converting a PDF to Google Docs has expired. I did it before, but I must have started to get CRS, because I've spent way too time trying to do it. I will record the steps this time. Please know that I'm using an Android smartphone. The instructions for the mobile version is different from the web version. Thanks.

09-30-2015 10:17 AM
    I have a scanned document (Android) in my samsung galaxy s5. I want (using OCR) to convert it to a DOC file in order to make the fonts larger. How do I do that? Thanks.

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network
    12-19-2015 09:05 AM
    I'm using an Android smartphone. No matter what I do, I cannot adjust the column width. I've unable to find an answer. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon
    06-10-2016 04:24 PM
    It's really difficult to get just right, but it DOES work as explained here: How to Resize Columns and Rows in Google Sheets Mobile

Practice, practice, practice.
    06-10-2016 04:47 PM
    I inadvertently deleted a very important spreadsheet in Google Sheets. I can't find it in the G Cloud backup. Is there a way to restore the file? My system is listed below. Thanks.

06-11-2016 05:19 AM
    Look for the trash folder in Google drive.
    06-11-2016 07:55 AM
    Look for the trash folder in Google drive.
    Thanks very much.

06-11-2016 12:57 PM
    It's really difficult to get just right, but it DOES work as explained here: How to Resize Columns and Rows in Google Sheets Mobile

Practice, practice, practice.
    You're right. It does take a lot of practice. Thanks for the tip.

06-11-2016 01:05 PM
48 12