Google docs

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I must be brain dead. I got your instructions and thought I followed them to a tee. But some of the options that you list that I should click on, are not there. I am, as I said, brain dead when It comes to stuff like this. Please take me step by step, option by option, so that I can move the PDFs into Google Docs. I realize that I can't import the document as a PDF, that I must convert it to text. Please help

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

It might be easier for you to do it this way, on your PC first, to convert a .pdf to a Google Docs file. This is a step-by-step video for absolute beginners...

Google Drive: Convert a PDF to Docs or Word

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It might be easier for you to do it this way, on your PC first, to convert a .pdf to a Google Docs file. This is a step-by-step video for absolute beginners...

Google Drive: Convert a PDF to Docs or Word

I think I know the problem. I'm on a Android smartphone. I think the version of Google docs on the smartphone is different than the version on the Web with a PC. That's probably why the options you described, are not there. So my problem still exists. Do you have any new suggestions? I really appreciate your help and patience with this dummy. Thanks again.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Drive to Google Docs

How do I move a file from Google Drive to Google Docs for editing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Drive to Google Docs

They're integrated. Select a document in Google Drive to edit, and it will open automatically in Google Docs. If you don't have Google Docs installed, it will prompt you to install it first.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

They're integrated. Select a document in Google Drive to edit, and it will open automatically in Google Docs. If you don't have Google Docs installed, it will prompt you to install it first.

I am NOT on the web. I don't have a PC. I'm using an Android smartphone. I have both Google Docs and Google Drive. When I open the file on Google Drive, it doesn't appear in Google Docs. Any other suggestions? As always, thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That's how it works on the phone as well. If you're on Google Drive and select a document (that Google Docs can open), it should automatically open up in Google Docs. What happens when you tap a document to open? And what format is it in?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

That's how it works on the phone as well. If you're on Google Drive and select a document (that Google Docs can open), it should automatically open up in Google Docs. What happens when you tap a document to open? And what format is it in?

You are probably on the right track. All the files in Google Drive are PDF's except one, and that is already in Google Docs. I'll try what you have suggested when I get the chance. Meanwhile, thanks again for all your help.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Copy text file to Google Sheets

How do I copy, or import, a very large text file into Google Sheets for future editing. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Delete cell content in Sheets

I can't find instructions on how to delete cell content in Google Sheets. Any ideas? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Delete cell content in Sheets

Tap the cell first to highlight it, then tap it again to get the options. Tap Cut or Clear to delete the contents. (Cut will move it to the Clipboard, and allow you to paste it somewhere else. Clear means you just delete it and it doesn't get saved anywhere.)

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Delete cell content in Sheets

Thanks again for your help. It was the 2nd click that exposed the CUT, CLEAR, ETC menu. Without your help, I was ready to give up on Google Sheets. I can't thank you enough.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Copy text file to Google Sheets

I was trying to avoid paying for Adobe Acrobat. I swore I would never pay for a smartphone app. Before I do that, I'll probably try the free method. Regardless, you have given me an option. I can always depend on you for solutions to problems. Thanks again for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Are you using your computer or your phone to go to that site? If you're using a mobile browser, it might not work correctly. Use your computer's browser. You may have to copy the PDFs to your computer via USB first.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Are you using your computer or your phone to go to that site? If you're using a mobile browser, it might not work correctly. Use your computer's browser. You may have to copy the PDFs to your computer via USB first.

I'm using my phone. There have been several times where I have needed to go to the web for the PC in order to do things that my smartphone can't. My wife occupies a PC almost constantly. I don't get access to it. Is there another way?

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I was trying to avoid paying for Adobe Acrobat. I swore I would never pay for a smartphone app. Before I do that, I'll probably try the free method. Regardless, you have given me an option. I can always depend on you for solutions to problems. Thanks again for your help.

I'm using my phone. There have been several times where I have needed to go to the web for the PC in order to do things that my smartphone can't. My wife occupies a PC almost constantly. I don't get access to it. Is there another way?

My initial suggestion is... file for a divorce! ;)

My second suggestion for converting a .pdf to a word document, entirely on your Galaxy S5, is easyPDF - Best PDF Converter, free from the Play Store. Their website is:- Convert PDF to Word for Android phone and tablet - easyPDF

I'm beginning to think that B.Diddy and I are starting to spoil you! :D

Last edited:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

My initial suggestion is... file for a divorce! ;)

My second suggestion for converting a .pdf to a word document, entirely on your Galaxy S5, is easyPDF - Best PDF Converter, free from the Play Store. Their website is:- Convert PDF to Word for Android phone and tablet - easyPDF

I'm beginning to think that B.Diddy and I are starting to spoil you! :D

It worked perfectly. You have no idea how long I have struggled with this problem. You are a genius. Thanks again. BTW, YOU 2 have spoiled me. I'm grateful for your wonderful expertise. Thanks again for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20