Google docs

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My drive

I have several PDF in my drive. When I click to view them, I get a spinning icon but it never loads. I can see the thumbnail of the document but it never loads. Please help.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Drive and my files

You can tap and hold a file in Drive and select DOWNLOAD A COPY. It'll then ask you where you want to save the file in your phone and it should appear in My Files afterwards.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My drive

Do you know which app is trying to open it? Try going to the App Manager, tap Menu, and tap Reset All App Preferences. Then try to open the PDF again, and see if you are given options for apps to open it with.

It's possible that you don't have an app that can open PDFs. On my Nexus 5 (which has Google Drive and Google Docs installed), when I try to open a PDF file, I only get Chrome and PDF Max (a 3rd party PDF reader I installed) as options.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded a web page to my samsung smart phone. When I printed it, the font was much too small. I want to import the web page to a Google Doc. Then print it with a increased font, so that I can read it. How do i do that. Google help has not provided the answer or I haven't been able to find it. Thanks

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How do you move a document or text from wherever it is, into Google Docs. Thanks.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Lost Google docs

I was poking around in my Google docs, when suddenly 3 files disappeared. I DIDN'T DELETE THEM, REPEAT, DIDN'T DELETE THEM. I tried a restore, but they weren't there. What happened and how do I get them back? Thanks.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to do that. How do I get the file from Google Drive into Google Docs? Thanks

Google Docs > Menu (slide from left side of screen) > Google Drive... displays all the files/folders/uploads that you have on your Google Drive account.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Docs > Menu (slide from left side of screen) > Google Drive... displays all the files/folders/uploads that you have on your Google Drive account.

OK. I see the files in Google Drive. Now how do I get them into Google Docs. I tried download, send file, and nothing seems to work. I must be pretty dense so I need additional help. Thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
OK. I see the files in Google Drive. Now how do I get them into Google Docs. I tried download, send file, and nothing seems to work. I must be pretty dense so I need additional help. Thanks

What format are these files in?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I must be brain dead. I got your instructions and thought I followed them to a tee. But some of the options that you list that I should click on, are not there. I am, as I said, brain dead when It comes to stuff like this. Please take me step by step, option by option, so that I can move the PDFs into Google Docs. I realize that I can't import the document as a PDF, that I must convert it to text. Please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech