Why do I get getting a Samsung photo editor 4002 error?

Reelnautigirl

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Samsung photo editor 4002 error

I have a rooted S5, absolutely loved the photo studio editor. Lollipop rolled out and now for some reason when I go to edit a picture in the Gallery, I get an error that says "Photo Editor not installed on device. Download?". When I click to download, it tells me it Product does not exist in this store. (4002)
So, after scouring the internet for answers and not getting anywhere, I went to Samsung online help. BIG mistake. Not only did we try a million different things that did not help, the last one we tried killed my phone. If they tell you to go into the phone menu at boot and clear your cache, don't. When it started back up, it would stop and hang up telling me Contacts wasn't working, or messaging wasn't working, all kinds of errors but the onyl way out was to pull the battery or hit power button. Went back into the phone menu and did a hard reset, not able to back up anything just totally screwed everything up worse. Not to mention, after doing the hard reset and a week later, still installing apps that some are partially working, the Gallery still cannot find Photo Editor.
I hate that all this happened using Samsung tech support because I have had every Galaxy so far and LOVE them. But one of the main reasons I love this phone so much is that editor. I would like to see if anyone has come across the same problem and how they fixed it or if anyone has found a simple replacement editor that has a lot of the same features as the Samsung one, I'm open to suggestions. :confused:

Blackhowling86

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung photo editor 4002 error

I've got the same issue. My photo editor just up and vanished overnight it seems. I get the 4002 error code as well. Also unable to download anything. I believe its part of the massive move to lollipop. I'm with T-Mobile and it seems they are taking their time with incremental updates.

Christiane Frauman

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, it just disappeared. I used to like it too. I am very, very disappointed with Samsung as well, as there is no way to get it back!
And I am with AT&T.
If someone gets to fix it, please explain!! thanks

jmlyeong18

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've just got this photo editor problem solved by the Samsung Tech support. Try this -
go to Settings - Application Manager - swipe to see All applications - scroll down to select Gallery - Clear Cache - click back to Application Manager - tap the 3 dots on the top right - click Reset app preferences. Close and go to Gallery page and you should be able to use the photo editor again. Hope this helps:)