Galaxy S5 performance issues and rapid battery drain.

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I've been using this galaxy s5 since June of last year. I have my galaxy s5 on stock non-rooted Android Lollipop on the Verizon Wireless network. Today alone I have had to charge my phone 3 times to keep it from dying. I attached my screenshots and would love to hear any advice or suggestions.Screenshot_2015-02-26-23-19-26.jpgScreenshot_2015-02-26-23-19-16.jpgScreenshot_2015-02-26-23-19-29.jpgScreenshot_2015-02-26-23-20-19.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Clear the cache in Storage in Settings.

If that doesn't work you might have to do a factory reset. (That uninstalls all the apps you installed and deletes all our data - pictures, music, data the apps store, etc.) so back up everything first.

If that doesn't fix it, it's time for a trip to Verizon. (The fix, until they get LolliFlop working, is to revert to 4.4.4, but you can't do that because on AT&T and Verizon Samsungs, there's a major version counter (and yours is not at 5), and you can't go back to an earlier major version. 5.0.2 to 5.0.1, yes. 5.0 to 4.4.4, no.

Thank Corporate America - they want secure phones if you're going to use them on a company network. And they don't sell non-secure versions for those of us who don't work for Corporate America. (Samsung is going to be losing a LOT of customers over their decision to "co-operate" with AT&T and Verizon on this one.)

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Clear the cache in Storage in Settings.

If that doesn't work you might have to do a factory reset. (That uninstalls all the apps you installed and deletes all our data - pictures, music, data the apps store, etc.) so back up everything first.

If that doesn't fix it, it's time for a trip to Verizon. (The fix, until they get LolliFlop working, is to revert to 4.4.4, but you can't do that because on AT&T and Verizon Samsungs, there's a major version counter (and yours is not at 5), and you can't go back to an earlier major version. 5.0.2 to 5.0.1, yes. 5.0 to 4.4.4, no.

Thank Corporate America - they want secure phones if you're going to use them on a company network. And they don't sell non-secure versions for those of us who don't work for Corporate America. (Samsung is going to be losing a LOT of customers over their decision to "co-operate" with AT&T and Verizon on this one.)

Thanks with the quick response, I was afraid to hear that. Oh well, better luck next time.

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I've been using this galaxy s5 since June of last year. I have my galaxy s5 on stock non-rooted Android Lollipop on the Verizon Wireless network. Today alone I have had to charge my phone 3 times to keep it from dying. I attached my screenshots and would love to hear any advice or suggestions.View attachment 165062View attachment 165063View attachment 165064View attachment 165065

Try to check if the smart switch on your wifi settings is on or not. If it does, turn it off and that should fix your battery drain

noslenwerd

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in and say I am having the same issue, and I cannot be more disappointed in how TERRIBLE lollipop is. Did they not do any QA/User testing before releasing this to the public?

My phone is almost unusable now. I have three separate batteries fully charged, and I go through each and every one of them every day now. With VERY light usage of my phone.

Beyond the battery issues, the lag is terrible, why can you not change sound settings via the power button anymore? Soooooo much to dislike about this version of android.

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I eneded up wiping my phone, seems to be a temporary solution. I have to pretty much reset once a month because my phone returns to the same state.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz