Bought an AT&T Galaxy S5, can't find update for 4.4.4 and battery problem

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi y'all, I've just bought an used Galaxy S5 from AT&T (unlocked by IMEI) and while the phone is on pristine condition (like, OMG it looks brand new) I'm having problems with it. You see, this is my second S5, the first one was from Verizon and it had 4.4.4. but this new one has 4.4.2. and I've noticed a bit of worse performance and some small differences here and there but so far the worse thing on it has been the inability to found updates (and f***** phone let me only look for updates every 24h) and I want a little bit of help with that since I don't know if the fact of being in Mexico makes the updating impossible or if at&t's s5 update in on hold or if I need PC software to update the phone. I don't know how to root the phone but I could/would do it if the benefits are worth it.

The other problem is kinda weird but it happens often: the phone restarts itself while on my pocket. I think it might be a problem with the place where the battery is, being kinda loose or something and my question is, is it safe to use black tape to hold the battery on its position?

Thanks in advance, hope someone is able to help me out a little.

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Screenshots of the message I get whenever I want to update the phone and the current Android version I'm running.

Attachments

• 1425194327583.jpg
    1425194327583.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 1425194337201.jpg
    1425194337201.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 12

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Android only allows you to look for updates once every 24 hours. It has nothing to do with the phone or the carrier.

2) The update comes from AT&T - and only if you're on an AT&T account. Since you're in Mexico, you're not going to get any AT&T towers, and you don't have an account with them, so you're not going to get updates over the air. Go to AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5 - XDA Forums and see if anyone has posted an update file. (Update files normally delete themselves after updating the phone, so someone has to capture one.) If you find one, there will be instructions on how to use it in the same thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech