Problem charging after update

lurch914

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi just wondered if anyone could help since doing the lollipop update my s5 will not charge properly, done a factory reset and battery life is alot better just can't get a full charge put it on charge last night 11:30 on 24% woke up this morning at 7:30 with only 50% I've tried different chargers and leads all the same,
Here's a screen shot of battery from last nightuploadfromtaptalk1425197523573.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's with the phone off? Then you have a hardware failure.

If it's with the phone on, the phone is drawing a lot of power, so there's nothing left to charge the battery (In fact, except for a short time around 1AM, the phone was drawing so much that even the charger couldn't supply enough power, so the battery was draining, not charging.). You probably didn't do a system cache clear after the update. If that doesn't fix it you might have to back everything up, do a factory reset, then restore everything.

lurch914

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Your right I didn't do a system cache clear have now I'll see how it goes now thank you Rukbat

That screen shot is from 11am you can see just before the dotted line date change when it was plugged in by the look of the picture it stopped charging bang on midnight for some reason

lurch914

May 28, 2013
Visit site
That's with the phone off? Then you have a hardware failure.

If it's with the phone on, the phone is drawing a lot of power, so there's nothing left to charge the battery (In fact, except for a short time around 1AM, the phone was drawing so much that even the charger couldn't supply enough power, so the battery was draining, not charging.). You probably didn't do a system cache clear after the update. If that doesn't fix it you might have to back everything up, do a factory reset, then restore everything.
Was with phone on