My S5 only turns on when plugged in and is stuck at the black screen with white Android words. How can I move past this?

Dreaks

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
S5 switches on for a few seconds,only when plugged. And then, will turn off. And on again. And again

Hi !
My S5 doesn’t turn on anymore. My water bottle happened to leak a bit in a bag containing my phone.
It would then keep on working for a few hours, and once the battery drained out, it couldn’t be charged nor turned on. I did the rice treatment for about 4 days, and it can turn on , but only when plugged into a charging point. The white lightning bolt on black screen will show up, indicating that it’s charging and that the battery is empty. However, during that process, it will also automatically turn on, and get stuck for about 5 seconds with the black color background and white color Samsung Android words. And it will turn off... And on again. And again. But never past that black and white samsung screen. And the phone actually isn’t really charging when plugged in, even tho there is the lightning bolt.
Any help?
My S5 is less than a year old, but I don’t think that the warranty can be used for water damages. (there is a red color dot near the battery, indicating that water was around).
And it’s just a leak.. Nothing compared to dropping it in a pool, sink or toilet..
Maybe it’s a battery problem? Or maybe just need to keep it in the rice for a few more days.

Thanks!

--> { Update after spending at least 5 hours doing some researches :
- I've tried using the Recovery Mode method ( Power button + Home Button + Top Right button of the volume), but it wouldn't boot. Aka the blue "Recovery Boot" words would show up, for less than 4 secs, and then my phone would reboot again and go back to that Samsung Android startup page. And switch off again. And on, again. Etc. The Download mode works tho.
Found out that my phone might be soft-bricked and experiencing a Boot Loop.

However, a phone gets bricked when the user tried to download stuff, which wasn't the case here.
Will try to use the soft brick methods and update here, in case it can help anyone. }

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37