S5 Mic issues during phone calls!!

MamaBear2014

May 14, 2014
Visit site
No, I won't mess with the insides. Does anyone know how to get Samsung to own up to this and compensate me for all the money it's cost me?

Any attorneys doing a lawsuit over this?

I paid for the original phone - the S5, THEN had to pay the $100 insurance copay for the replacement, and NOW will have to time-pay for the G5 to replace it again! I'm probably out something like $800 above the original phone!

kahjuks

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,
I think I have found a solution that worked for me. I have just bought the phone (S5 Neo) and it immediately had this problem out of the box. The solution for me was to go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode and then switch from LTE/WCDMA/GSM to WCDMA/GSM.

compression67

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
goto Settings - Sound and Notifications - Other Sounds - Call uncheck the box for Noise Reduction (suppress background noise during calls).

worked like a champ for me credit to "Kristin Thone-Way "

glctechhelp

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I tried cleaning with a safty pin, i tried air, i tried reboot, i tried battery removal, i tried restarting etc. I went into settings on voice recorder and changed it from "Normal" to either "Conversation" or "interview" (either one). Placed a phone call and it worked and suddenly i could also record memos too. Clear too. Hope that helps.

KHRIS WARD

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. I tried everything on this thread nothing worked! I use a safety pin nothing. I tried removing the back nothing.. Even my speaker goes out sometime.. I don't know what to do. I'm all out of ideals.

Hey guys,
I think I have found a solution that worked for me. I have just bought the phone (S5 Neo) and it immediately had this problem out of the box. The solution for me was to go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode and then switch from LTE/WCDMA/GSM to WCDMA/GSM.

Last edited by a moderator:

zaheer baig

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi,, i Solved the problem
I had exactly the same problem, mic was working fine on voice recording but problem was during calls only,,
i tried every suggestion found on internet. but non worked for me, Im using Huawei Y pro,

Solution : what worked for me was to save all my data in Laptop and factory reset the phone.
Now no one complains ;)

Pee_ness6969

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Whenever i am on the phone to someone, they always complain that they cannot hear me, or can hear my but my voice kind of sounds like i am a mile away from the phone. Sometimes its okay but 95% of the time they complain.

At first i thought maybe its their connection but it happens with almost everyone.

"I cant hear you"
"am i on speaker phone?"
"move your phone closer"
"what the hell are you doing.." lol

I am not sure what it is either software issue or hardware. Comparing to another s5 in my family there is certainly a difference between the quality of sound between the 2 same devices. I purchased the phone used locally and it came with 5.0 lollipop already installed. I dont know whether it is an issue with the software or hardware.I have call recorder on my phone, when someone complains about they cannot hear me i just cut the phone and ring back, but a few times i cut it right away when they cant hear me and i listen back to the recorded call and i can hear myself fine on there??? so why cant they hear me?

I got a call from the local phone repair shop to go collect my other samsung device, and soon as they rang me they were like hello hello, and when i went instore i asked did you have trouble hearing me they said yes, i asked would i need to get this booked in too for repairs, answer was yes and for free as its still under samsung warranty.

My problem is that i dont want to do a factory reset to see if that makes the problem go, as its too much hassle transferring my files across, have loads of pics on there in different folders and it takes agggges to transfer across.. i do not trust moving them to my memory card as i already made that mistake and my mem card went corrupt. Rather than trying this reset id just rather buy another replacement phone and transfer files over and then reset this faulty device... money is not an issue so i can afford to do this not a problem.
I had the same issue and fixed it by cleaning the mic with a small pin. There was sand inside.

jodedor

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
"Drill the mic hole (by hand, very gently) with 2mm drill bit to depth of 2.5mm. keep checking you have not hit the mic."

At first, I thought this was a joke.

I did everything else under the sun.

1. Turn the phone off and back on.
2. Delete all other apps I installed.
3. Turn the phone off, remove sim card and battery, wait forever, and turn on.
4. home button + power button + volume up button and clear the cache.
5. Factory reset (aaaargh!!!)
6. Pin in the mic hole.
7. Blow into the mic hole.

I can say without a doubt that the only solution was the drill bit. I know because I tested the phone after every single one of those steps.

I used a 1/16" bit which is about 1.56mm. I used my fingers to gently twist the bit and pull out over and over again. I got at least 1/4" inside. I did not damage the phone.

It works now.

Thanks so much for having the cojones to try using a drill bit. I can't imagine how much time I would have to waste at the Verizon store with dumb looks and my phone out of commission for I don't know how long!

Cheers!

javier paez

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my Galaxy S5 where everyone was having trouble hearing me, I un-ticked the noise reduction box in the sound/call settings and the problem is fixed.

Jonathan Keeth

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I recently fixed this problem in my wife's phone. Unfortunately, I had to take the phone apart and replace the board that contains the microphone. I tried all of the things in this post and nothing worked. The parts from Amazon were only about 8$ and I outlined the fix in a blog post. TheMOchinist S5 Mic Fix

hunterfeist

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
This has happened to my galaxy s5. People can hear me when I am on speakerphone, but that’s it. Maybe it’s a sophware issue because I tried cleaning the mic out and even got it replaced. Worked fine for a little bit after that but now it crapped out again. I really don’t want to get a new phone over this so if anyone could help that wild be fantastic thanks to all :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar