S5 Data transfer questions/ptoblems

InfernoST

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi All
I picked up an S5 2 weeks ago and just put a 64gig Samsung micro SD card (I formatted the card prior to attempting any transfers) in and am unable to put files on it via Kies the only way it seems to work is if I transfer it internal memory first then move the files to the sd card. Is this normal behavior? Is there another program out there that works better than Kies? Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since the phone is connected to the PC. just find the phone, open it (like you'd open a hard drive, and you'll find a folder named Card. Open that. Find where you want to put the files and drag them there, just like you'd copy them to a memory stick or another hard drive. (Make sure you use "safely remove" before unplugging the phone. Always do that if you write to the phone - Windows doesn't always actually write when it says it does, it writes in the background, and if you pull the plug while it's writing, something can get corrupted. "Safely remove" tells Windows to finish writing before telling you it's safe to remove the device.)

InfernoST

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I forgot to mention I'm using a MAC but did do as you said via Kies and it worked, the only thing is that Kies stops responding all of the time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22