Alerts via Bluetooth While Listening to the Radio

Clif001

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I have my S5 connected to my car radio via bluetooth. I'd like to listen to the local radio, but would still like to get alerts (including GPS directions) without having to switch the source over to the phone. Is this possible? How?

TIA

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not unless you're using FM Radio through your S5. You can receive calls or initiate a call from your phone and have that interrupt your radio-listening as the system switches to BT Audio automatically, but once the call is done, it switches back to whatever it was that was the audio source before the call was placed.

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll tell you how I solved this problem with a little bit of spare cash. I purchased a visor mounted Bluetooth speaker. I connect the phone to that, and listen to the radio. The only problem is calls also come through the visor unit, and while that works, its not quite as good as the built-in unit.

Posted via the Android Central App

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can solve it by going into the BT settings and click the gear by your connection. Uncheck media and the maps will come through your phone. Calls will still go to your radio.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781