Apps crashing & stock keyboard problems on Lollipop?

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Since downloading Lollipop, several of my apps crash unexpectedly - mainly the stock messaging app and stock email, neither of which EVER happened on Kit Kat. Other apps crash also.

Also, since the update the stock keyboard seems less responsive, words go in incorrectly (autocorrect not as accurate) and sometimes when I hit the home button after typing the keyboard stays up.

My phone is also a lot slower to respond when waking up or opening apps. I strongly dislike Lollipop.

Anyone else with these problems?

xzr1tv

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I HAD these problems and more, until I did a backup/reset, and then restored all the apps/data,

It was a REAL pain, but now Lollipop is G R E A T !!

Palenaka_2003

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Since downloading Lollipop, several of my apps crash unexpectedly - mainly the stock messaging app and stock email, neither of which EVER happened on Kit Kat. Other apps crash also.

Also, since the update the stock keyboard seems less responsive, words go in incorrectly (autocorrect not as accurate) and sometimes when I hit the home button after typing the keyboard stays up.

My phone is also a lot slower to respond when waking up or opening apps. I strongly dislike Lollipop.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, contacts keep crashing, and the alarm clock does not work anymore when on mute. Phone is very slow opening applications & responding.

Put the phone on priority, then the alarm will sound, but notifications and calls won't. Here's a thread discussing it:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=488670

Swiftkey is worse with this update on my phone. I cleared the cache but don't want to do a reset. Maybe I'll have to😟

Posted via Android Central App

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

conormeade

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I've done a complete reset of both the cache partition and the whole system and it's still happening. I'm out of ideas. Even sent the device off to samsung and it's still not fixed.

Posted via the Android Central App

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Only thing that hasn't worked properly so far is the facebook app. It will go to an all white screen sometimes and battery drain is alot quicker which sucks even with battery savers and app killers.

Mary Rising

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

Mary Rising

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
This is my 5th s5 in a period of 5 mos. Speaker continually dies, phone turns off.arbitrarily every 4 hrs. and now keyboard glitches. I can now be certified to work as a Verizon tech coach because I must have called them approx 30-40x's to be walked thru trouble shooting and nothing works. Not sure if Samsung s5 is just a bad product or I'm just the unfortunate customer getting a bad phone for the 5th time. It's sad especially when you pay over $600 for a phone you expect to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX