Galaxy S5 "contacts has stopped" message, why?

atomarchio

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Almost every day, I get a random message on the S5 saying "contacts has stopped". Any idea on what that means?

How can I prevent this message from coming up?

Please help. Thanks.

Evo2DroidX

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My note 4 has been giving the same message two or three times per day for the past few weeks. I cleared cache then data for contacts app but still get the message. I don't know.....

Posted via Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Since Lollipop I've been getting that message. Annoying but it does not stop the phone working.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sean Rusin

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Same issues since the latest software update.... many of my apps are reporting errors as well such as google services. Anyone got any advice besides down grade to kit kat again?

jcaro115

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Me too!!! Ugh it's so frustrating!!! I just got my S5 in January & the glitches are out of control. The screen freezes, internet browsing is slow & my calls drop. I'm ready to do a factory reset if I can't figure out how to fix my issues with the phone.

HansdsfreeJD

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Just another in the long line of problems with the latest version of Andriod. Wish I had never bought this phone. No one at Samsung seems to care about when these issues will get fixed, if ever

alhazbr

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
نفس المشكلة نكتبها بالعربي لأن المستخدم العربي سيبحث بالعربي ولن يهتدي لحل

khanhtrinh

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Did you guys make sure you have latest update? I bought my G900F 2 weeks ago, updated to Lolipop right after unboxing. However I also got those annoying "Contacts has stopped" day by day, along with having no mute mode in sound option. Then after a few days I manually checked for new updates, which I turned off for battery saving, and realised there was another update. After flashing I have never seen that error again, and I have mute option for my phone.

So I guess Samsung already has the fix for this error.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Did you guys make sure you have latest update? I bought my G900F 2 weeks ago, updated to Lolipop right after unboxing. However I also got those annoying "Contacts has stopped" day by day, along with having no mute mode in sound option. Then after a few days I manually checked for new updates, which I turned off for battery saving, and realised there was another update. After flashing I have never seen that error again, and I have mute option for my phone.

So I guess Samsung already has the fix for this error.

I did the post Lollipop update as well and I still get the contacts stopped message. No more updates available at the moment.

m0scs

May 6, 2012
Visit site
My S5 freezes on the lock screen and I get the contacts stopped working error message a few times each day since Lollipop. I can't say I'm a an android or samsung fan any longer. Will be looking elsewhere come contract renewal.

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
My S5 freezes on the lock screen and I get the contacts stopped working error message a few times each day since Lollipop. I can't say I'm a an android or samsung fan any longer. Will be looking elsewhere come contract renewal.

Try disabling Google+. I did that and haven't had any problems. Its like a new phone, faster, longer battery life and no errors.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok first what firmware have you got ?
Is this unbranded or Branded ? As some Branded have gone with RCS eg Vodafone and replaced the contacts and message app with there own
causing issues
Allso how are your contacts store eg via Google or sim or phone i switched to google and have no issues on stock UK BTU firmware
But i no and fixed Network Roms that have this so why are networks wanting to no our contacts ???
There is no repoted issues with stock Samsung Roms so it does point the finger at Networks and what are they upto ???
one work aroud is take of Auto sync and when you sync do this via wifi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexitotab7