samsung store

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Seriously im very dissapointed wth the samsung store. Say its my fault but I seriously thought they would be able to install the factory rom on my phone. The so called tech guy aint even know wat I was talking about. They was really trying to just factory reset my phone which it would have done regardless. Im trying to explain I dont just want it wiped I want the original files restored. Oh my call me stupid for thinking they did tht that didnt even know what I was talking about. Smh they tried to go thru settings to wipe and im like you need to plug it in a computer. Omg im dissapointed because when I had an iphone those guys at the apple store were really tech support guys ill never go back to iphone and ill never go in to a samsung store for anything else. Ever ill do it myself ill find the right odin zip and the right rom zip im frustrated

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to light a fire here, but Samsung Stores NOT Apple stores. Now with that out of the way, yes, the store clerk was probably right in telling you they do not do that and you should not expect them to do that as Samsung STORES only sell stuff and have very limited tech support knowledge (as you now have found out). What is expected of them, however, is to have pointed you in the direction of their Service Center if your phone is unlocked, or a carrier Support Center if your phone is carrier branded.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Your rite I wasnt thinking... but honestly if something physically happened to the phone they wouldnt have been able to open the phone up or do a diagnostic on it. So what they need a samsung store so you can buy it directly from them. And still have to send it back to the manufacturer the guy didnt even know what 4.4.2 was im not upset they couldnt do it. I had tht assumption already I mean its rooted the file system is basically hacked. To to walk in and find out its just a retailer was unacceptable. What if I had a problem at least they could trouble shoot a minor problem. They dont even replace the charger port ive dont tht twice already. Smh I understand what your saying it my fault for assuming. Nothing wrong wth my phone as soon as I restore it wth odin im going to reroot it soon as I close the program.. soo odin just has me a lil stumped ill figure it out

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No, not your fault for assuming anything :) Reality is, though, Samsung Stores are just retail points of sales, unlike Apple ones, where you can also find tech service. There ARE Apple Stores that are just points of sale and where the "Geniuses" there are just as clueless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz