05-27-2019 02:27 AM
111 ... 345
tools
    AIO Toolbox Does not work in batch mode on my S5 w/6.0.1 os. Msg says feature not supported on this device.
    02-24-2018 05:03 PM
    Though you can make the SD card your default storage place (from the "Settings-Storage" menu), many applications, specially the free ones, refuse to obey it. They want you to buy the paid version of themselves in order to download on the SD card. It's a way for them to force you to pay them.
    I don't think that's an option, depending on the Android OS version. I don't see it on 5.1, for instance.
    03-31-2018 09:15 AM
    I see this old chestnut thread has come back. Well, live and learn. We all have this phone and I can only assume that we'll all know better when we upgrade by getting phones with MUCH MORE internal storage. And not be counting on the SD card at all. I know I won't. The minimum storage on Galaxy S and Note devices is now 64 GB which is heaps more. And I know I'll keep my next phone a long time like I'm keeping my S5 so I'll probably pay extra and get at least 128 GB.

Happy days 😊
    04-02-2018 01:56 AM
    One time it happened to me all my apps updated and i almost ran out of storage
    lol.. i think its just normal
    05-26-2018 06:44 AM
    I got a feeling that after an app update you can just move the new update data to the SD card in the application manager. The data of the app you moved before the update to the SD card had remained on the SD card during the update.
    Example: PUBG app i had on my SD card (size of game about 2 GB. I was using a samsung S7). I had moved the app to the SD card before and I noticed later that the app had been updated. Next, I checked the available data on internal storage. Then, I moved the app again to the SD card. I noticed that I lost about 200mb on the internal storage after the move of the app from internal storage to the SDcard. 200mb is a lot less than 2GB, so I figured that a large part of the app must have stayed on the SD card even during the update of the app.
    03-01-2019 01:01 PM
    correcting a mistake is never a "ostentatious move"

people make errors. Correcting them is a good thing. Otherwise, we'll never become better persons.
    "an" ostentatious move....
    03-30-2019 06:47 AM
    I got a feeling that after an app update you can just move the new update data to the SD card in the application manager. The data of the app you moved before the update to the SD card had remained on the SD card during the update.
    Example: PUBG app i had on my SD card (size of game about 2 GB. I was using a samsung S7). I had moved the app to the SD card before and I noticed later that the app had been updated. Next, I checked the available data on internal storage. Then, I moved the app again to the SD card. I noticed that I lost about 200mb on the internal storage after the move of the app from internal storage to the SDcard. 200mb is a lot less than 2GB, so I figured that a large part of the app must have stayed on the SD card even during the update of the app.
    When you move an app to the SD card, not all of it will more. Some data has to stay on internal storage to properly run. How much data can be moved varies from app to app, but it's still not a good idea to move them. You risk corrupting the card much quicker, and there can be some performance loss.
    03-30-2019 08:21 AM
    "an" ostentatious move....
    I see what you did there.
    03-30-2019 07:34 PM
    Pretty sad 4 years later and this issue has no solution (other than buying a new phone with lots of memory). Got to be the longest running thread ever.
    skeletiko likes this.
    05-26-2019 07:40 AM
    Pretty sad 4 years later and this issue has no solution (other than buying a new phone with lots of memory). Got to be the longest running thread ever.
    And there won't be a solution because Google intentionally designed the OS this way. If you want to keep apps on the SD card and assume the risks associated with it (namely early data corruption), then it's on the user to root the phone and do whatever hack is necessary to do so. Or buy a phone that allows adoptable storage, which takes away all control over what goes where, still has the same downsides, and may have weaker specs overall (it's mostly the low end phones that took to adoptable storage).
    skeletiko likes this.
    05-26-2019 10:23 AM
    Would you buy a Creative Labs Rhomba MP3 player with 256 MB of memory these days? Of course not -- because it's obsolete. That's what a 5 year old phone with 16 GB of internal storage (and probably only 8 GB of usable space) is these days -- obsolete. So you're not going to see an official solution to this issue, just like you won't see an update to the Rhomba. If you want to use an outdated phone, then you have to live with its limitations.
    05-27-2019 02:27 AM
111 ... 345