I thought after the Lollipop update I would be able to move apps not part of the phone and text to the SD card.
    However, Comcast's Connect, MSOutlook.com will not move. It still denies 360 the a/v/cleaner which resides in storage.
    There is a program called Docs to Go that is great with workarounds for placing Word docs in the card. However, it is a perfect example of what the update was supposed to have fixed. When you create a word doc and try to send it to the card it refers to the permission issues that the update was supposed to fix and denies it.
    I have to download the doc to storage then"Move" from there to the card.
    Is my phone not working with the update, is the update not doing its job, is verizon or Samsung stopping this movement?
    I don't know if I should do a reset to see if that will allow me to move files and apps to the card. I can move Qr Code Reader, Skype and Docs to Go, only.

Any ideas?
    03-05-2015 05:25 PM
    There's nothing to be "fixed" - the change that made the SD card part of the file system (meaning that you can't just have any app write anywhere on the card) is a deliberate design, and it's staying that way.

As far as moving apps to the card, most apps these days can't run from the card, so they can't be moved to it. Android was never designed to run apps from the card, it just happened to work as long as the app didn't do certain things - for instance, you could never run a widget from the card.

Also, even apps which can be moved to the card usually can't be completely moved - some parts have to stay in internal storage. That has nothing to do with the version of Android, it has to do with the way the apps work. Also, for every piece you put on the card, there has to be a link in internal storage to where that part is located on the card - Android looks for apps (and their libraries) in internal storage.
    03-05-2015 05:35 PM
    So, basically having 128GB of SD card is a total waste and Android is still non-functioning, given the silly small amounts on internal memory available on most devices?????
    I though Android was supposed to be the solution to all these stupid limits implemented by developers who can't think past their own breakfasts.....
    03-27-2016 08:04 PM
    Guess Windows devices are really the way to go in the future....
    03-27-2016 08:04 PM
    I thought after the Lollipop update I would be able to move apps not part of the phone and text to the SD card.
    However, Comcast's Connect, MSOutlook.com will not move. It still denies 360 the a/v/cleaner which resides in storage.
    There is a program called Docs to Go that is great with workarounds for placing Word docs in the card. However, it is a perfect example of what the update was supposed to have fixed. When you create a word doc and try to send it to the card it refers to the permission issues that the update was supposed to fix and denies it.
    I have to download the doc to storage then"Move" from there to the card.
    Is my phone not working with the update, is the update not doing its job, is verizon or Samsung stopping this movement?
    I don't know if I should do a reset to see if that will allow me to move files and apps to the card. I can move Qr Code Reader, Skype and Docs to Go, only.

Any ideas?
    I downloaded the Docs To Go app, opened a sample document, changed the file path to save to the SD card, was prompted to give it permission, and had no issue doing so. Also, documents saved on the SD card emailed just fine as well.
    03-28-2016 01:05 AM
    So, basically having 128GB of SD card is a total waste and Android is still non-functioning, given the silly small amounts on internal memory available on most devices?????
    I though Android was supposed to be the solution to all these stupid limits implemented by developers who can't think past their own breakfasts.....
    It isn't useless, it's just best served to be used for media (which is what takes up most space on most phones). I have 16GB internal and 32GB SD card, download whatever apps and games I need, and still have 2 or 3 GB left because I store 20GB of music, photos, and video on the SD card.
    can3gxw likes this.
    03-28-2016 01:08 AM