04-29-2016 07:07 AM
173 1234 ...
tools
    I have been trying to use alternate routes in Google maps for a week now and I'm totally frustrated. Please Help.

Mario
    12-23-2014 01:28 PM
    I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what your problem is... Can you not see the alternate routes? Or cannot select them for your navigation?
    12-23-2014 02:01 PM
    If you want to disable the turn by turn navigation prompts, you can do this while navigating. Just pull up the menu and there should be a button saying MUTE VOICE NAVIGATION (or something like that).
    12-23-2014 02:03 PM
    I'll try it next time I'm navigating. Thanks for your help.

Mario
    12-23-2014 02:26 PM
    I can see them (gray), I can't get to them or select them. Thanks for your help.

Mario
    12-23-2014 02:29 PM
    No problem I also sometimes find the nagging annoying haha
    12-23-2014 02:38 PM
    Can you post a screenshot? I'm not seeing that on mine (granted, it's a Note 4, but Google Maps is not a phone-dependent app, so it should be the same experience).

Or maybe share the starting point/destination you're trying to map out?
    12-23-2014 02:42 PM
    There used to be a setting in Google maps that if I clicked in the lower right corner to bring up the alternate route selection but it's no longer available.

Mario
    12-23-2014 03:23 PM
    Nope, not anymore. Now when you search for directions it'll give you a list of routes. If you tap on any one, that'll bring you to map view with your selected route highlighted and the other ones in gray. If you tap on an alternative route on the map you should be able to select that route. Only until you hit the START NAVIGATION button will the alternative routes disappear and your navigation locks up to the selected route.
    12-23-2014 04:29 PM
    Thanks very much. Your instructions worked as you said they would. You've made my day. I owe you Big time. Thanks again for your help and patience with me.

Mario
    12-23-2014 05:02 PM
    I love Google maps. It would be easier if RESTAURANT, HOTELS etc, would be overlays that can be added or removed as needed

Mario
    12-24-2014 02:35 PM
    MyDirections-Google Map ext. makes that really simple, if you don't mind typing in the name and address. It's like a contact list for Maps.
    IMANUT46 likes this.
    12-24-2014 02:42 PM
    01-06-2015 12:34 PM
    How can you leave the overlay of hotels, gas stations, on a map that's displaying the navigation route., the overlay disappears when navigation begins.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-07-2015 10:18 AM
    I am not sure that you can. Seems kind of strange that you can't if you are going a long distance. But at the same time, if you are going that far, I think you can print off maps with stops on the way.
    02-07-2015 10:23 AM
    Google Maps is one awesome program. I'm using it now on a trip from Clayton New Jersey to Jupiter Florida. We are staying at various motels and eating at various restaurants. I know your app has the ability to list gas stations, motels
    , restaurants etc. My only wish is that they those items can be left on the navigation screen while we're driving, so I can tell where these are located and don't have to change all the settings just to get those listings. What do you think? Thanks. 1

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network
    02-25-2015 07:36 PM
    Good idea..
    02-25-2015 07:38 PM
    Google Maps is one awesome program. I'm using it now on a trip from Clayton New Jersey to Jupiter Florida. We are staying at various motels and eating at various restaurants. I asked Google maps but they haven't responded. I know the app has the ability to list gas stations, motels, restaurants etc. My only wish is that they those items can be left on the navigation screen while we're driving, so I can tell where these are located and don't have to change all the settings just to get those listings. What do you think? Thanks.

03-06-2015 08:48 AM
    Google Maps is one awesome program. I'm using it now on a trip from Clayton New Jersey to Jupiter Florida. We are staying at various motels and eating at various restaurants. I asked Google maps but they haven't responded. I know the app has the ability to list gas stations, motels, restaurants etc. My only wish is that they those items can be left on the navigation screen while we're driving, so I can tell where these are located and don't have to change all the settings just to get those listings. What do you think? Thanks.

Waze Social GPS Maps & Traffic
    Waze

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.waze&hl=en
    03-06-2015 08:56 AM
    I think Google Maps is by far the most efficient mapping program there is. I do have one suggestion that I have forwarded via feedback, to Google Maps. They have not responded. I understand that they will probably get millions of feedback just about every day so they can't respond to each individual request. My suggestion is this Google Maps has the ability to map motels, hotels, restaurants, and other points of interest. They work fine. But when you get into a travel mode or route mode, the overlay disappears. I would like to see the overlay stay on the navigation screen. What do you think?

03-15-2015 06:23 PM
    When you're navigating, you're not looking for a hotel or a restaurant, you're looking to get to "point B". Maybe a way to hop back and forth between navigation mode and overlay mode, like you can move around and have a Resume button - pop up the overlay, but with a resume button..
    03-15-2015 07:16 PM
    When you're navigating, you're not looking for a hotel or a restaurant, you're looking to get to "point B". Maybe a way to hop back and forth between navigation mode and overlay mode, like you can move around and have a Resume button - pop up the overlay, but with a resume button..
    Not sure you finished your post. When I am navigating I'm also checking for the location of motels. When I list the motels the navigation screen disappears. There is no Resume button. resume is only in the navigation screen. Did I miss something here? As always thanks for your help.

03-16-2015 06:08 PM
    I've read that there is an update to Google Maps due this weekend. Has anyone seen it? Thanks.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0
    05-25-2015 07:37 AM
    I've read that there is an update to Google Maps due this weekend. Has anyone seen it? Thanks.

I had an update to Google Maps, a couple of days ago...

Version...9.9.0 (#909010124)

Don't know if that is the one you are referring to. I think this was a Smart Watch compatibility update.

To check your version... Google Maps > Menu (3 bars) > Settings > About, terms & privacy > Version
    05-25-2015 08:06 AM
    No. The update that I read about displays alternative routes, reason for the rerouting, congestion etc. The article said that it was going to be issued on Memorial Day weekend. I haven't received it yet. Anyone else?

05-25-2015 10:32 AM
173 1234 ...