Google Maps

Kaedibyrd

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: problem with Google Maps

Not sure what problems you're seeing, but when I used it, it had my departure and destination points reversed. Hence, it was giving me all the gas stations and restaurants I had already passed.

KD_Droids

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Just missed my previous post.

I haven't seen your problem yet, but I'll look for it.

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I may have jumped the gun on this one. I've been trying this feature while stationary in my home. I'll wait till I'm traveling to test it again. Thanks for being patient.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google maps gas stations

I finally dug into the new feature of Google Maps regarding the location of gas stations and gas prices at these stations. The location works, as do NAVIGATION. However, I've not been able to get the prices of the gas. Am I doing something wrong. I'd like to hear from you if you have had experience with this problem. Thanks.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google maps gas stations

I don't use maps all that often, but when I do it's just so that I can track travel time, etc. not for routing per se.

As for the gas prices, I can only wager that you're not seeing gas prices because nobody has reported them. Maps gets a LOT of its information from WAZE, including gas prices, accidents, traffic, etc... Try an experiment and report back....

- Map a route that you normally take
- Stop on that route and report the gas prices through the WAZE app (sign in with your Google account) as often as you can
- Run Maps again the next day and I bet you that the prices will show up...

Gas Buddy has the same "problem" - if prices aren't reported by others, it just won't work.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google maps gas stations

I don't use maps all that often, but when I do it's just so that I can track travel time, etc. not for routing per se.

As for the gas prices, I can only wager that you're not seeing gas prices because nobody has reported them. Maps gets a LOT of its information from WAZE, including gas prices, accidents, traffic, etc... Try an experiment and report back....

- Map a route that you normally take
- Stop on that route and report the gas prices through the WAZE app (sign in with your Google account) as often as you can
- Run Maps again the next day and I bet you that the prices will show up...

Gas Buddy has the same "problem" - if prices aren't reported by others, it just won't work.

Thanks for your advice. Somehow I feel that there's something missing in the Google Maps, gas stations, program. I don't use Waze but I do use gasbuddy. Gasbuddy shows me prices. Google Maps shows me where the gas stations are, and the ability to navigate to the gas station. And when I get to the gas station, the message is "you have arrived" . However there are no gas prices. I'm looking to communicate with someone who uses Google Maps on a daily basis, and has used this gas station feature. Something is missing or I'm not using it correctly. I still need your advice and help. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Maps gas prices

A complex post on this subject was posted earlier by me. I have isolated the Google Maps gas prices problem to only the gas prices themselves. The gas stations show, the "navigate to" shows, and the gas station appears on the map. However, there is no gas prices. I have GasBuddy and all of the gas prices show on that program. I don't want to have two programs open while navigating. Does anyone know why the gas prices for gas stations do not show on Google Maps. Thanks.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Maps gas prices

Make sure you have the most current version, 9.16.2.

Also, it seems it doesn't list prices for ALL gas stations, so you might just be in an area where none of them include that:

"Not all stations have prices listed, but it's definitely a good start. This is probably the beginning of another integration with Waze, which already offers similar price tracking."
[Update: Also Added Gas Prices] Google Maps v9.16 Adds Search For Places Along Your Current Route For Quick Stops To Get Gas And Food [APK Download]

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Maps gas prices

Make sure you have the most current version, 9.16.2.

Also, it seems it doesn't list prices for ALL gas stations, so you might just be in an area where none of them include that:

"Not all stations have prices listed, but it's definitely a good start. This is probably the beginning of another integration with Waze, which already offers similar price tracking."
[Update: Also Added Gas Prices] Google Maps v9.16 Adds Search For Places Along Your Current Route For Quick Stops To Get Gas And Food [APK Download]

I hear you, but GasBuddy has all the local prices. Google maps shows gas stations, but doesn't show.prices. Google maps needs to find another source. GasBuddy has them for the same stations. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Expert Google Maps users

Is there anyone out there that uses Google Maps, version 9.162, that shows gas prices with the gas station name? Thanks

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Expert Google Maps users

I use it. I see gas prices. I just used it on a trip of 1900 miles. I confess, I find GasBuddy to be more reliable, with many more stations reported and up to date. We use it on two Samsung phones, the S5 and S6 Active.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Expert Google Maps users

I use it. I see gas prices. I just used it on a trip of 1900 miles. I confess, I find GasBuddy to be more reliable, with many more stations reported and up to date. We use it on two Samsung phones, the S5 and S6 Active.

Thanks. That was what I was looking for. I use GasBuddy also, but I didn't get prices with the gas stations in Google Maps. I guess it's a local problem. Your post tells me that the new feature works. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12