Google Maps

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone with S5 having problem with Google maps?

Have you tried completely uninstalling the app and redownloading it from the Play Store?

Android Central App | S5 G900A kitkat root

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried completely uninstalling the app and redownloading it from the Play Store?

The problem with that is you cannot Uninstall Maps completely, only updates. I'm looking for a way to completely Uninstall Maps. That way I would be installing Maps from scratch. Thanks for your suggestion.

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

The problem with that is you cannot Uninstall Maps completely, only updates. I'm looking for a way to completely Uninstall Maps. That way I would be installing Maps from scratch. Thanks for your suggestion.

Aw completely overlooked that, forgot you can't uninstall some google apps without root.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Problem went away. I don't know why or how the problem disappeared, but it's gone. Yeah. Thanks for all your help.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

In your position IMANUT46, I would seriously consider doing a Full Wipe+Factory Data Reset and download and flash the latest stock Verizon firmware and re-setup your phone. This allows the phone to be cleared and cleaned completely and a fresh firmware with new settings installed and no detritus from previous firmwares and updates.

JohnJP

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

On a slightly related topic, when I use Navigation via Google Maps, it tediously forces me to go through 2 screens before I get the history of places I visit and the keyboard option, and then when I am using the navigation, if I change route, it says 'Rerouting' but never reroutes! Is there something I might have done in the Settings or disabling other apps that might be affecting the app?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

In your position IMANUT46, I would seriously consider doing a Full Wipe+Factory Data Reset and download and flash the latest stock Verizon firmware and re-setup your phone. This allows the phone to be cleared and cleaned completely and a fresh firmware with new settings installed and no detritus from previous firmwares and updates.

That would have been next if the problem didn't clear by itself. I dreaded a factory reset. It would have been many hours for me to restore the system . But thanks anyway.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google maps stickers

I can't find a way to post stickies to my home location no matter how much I tried. I'm using a smartphone with Android. How do I do it?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Google maps stickers

Google Maps > Menu (3 lines) > Your places (select one) > drag up name from bottom of screen > Choose an icon

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Google Maps > Menu (3 lines) > Your places (select one) > drag up name from bottom of screen > Choose an icon

Thanks again. You make things so easy.

Since you know everything😜, what happened to the search icon for forum threads? Thanks.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Thanks again. You make things so easy.

Since you know everything??????, what happened to the search icon for forum threads? Thanks.

Go to the very bottom of this page. On the left hand side, are you viewing the page as, "- AC Forums 2012", or, "- Mobile"?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Go to the very bottom of this page. On the left hand side, are you viewing the page as, "- AC Forums 2012", or, "- Mobile"?

Still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Help with Google maps stickers

I can add stickers to my home and work places without any difficulty, but I'm having trouble adding stickers to other MY PLACES. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Help with Google maps stickers

Diito!

Not that they appear to have stickers for... Pub, Lunatic Asylum or House of Ill Repute. ;)

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Waze HOME address

Somehow a strange address shows in my HOME field. All attempts to change it has failed. Anyone know how to change it? Thanks.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Waze HOME address

Logout from the Waze App
uninstall the app
Power off cache clear
Reinstall.....

If that doesn't work, you can try logging onto your waze account online, and see if there is something wrong there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome