Hi - I opened an email on my s5 from a teacher not seeing it came jer hotmail acct. Couldnt open the attachment and replied to her. In hindsight ot must have been infected as I have since realised it has sent an email to everyone I have ever emailed and I have received about 100 (and.counting) sus emails which I have been deleting. Avast says no issues. Ehat can I do?
    03-06-2015 11:34 PM
    change the password on your email account for starters, and do it from a PC. Change it to something simple for starters, like "Pass123" or something similar. Save the password, log out. Log in again, re-change the password to something of your choosing that's more secure. (Of course, don't re-use an old password, Don't use common words, and a combination of upper and lower case letters along with numbers is best).

Once that's done, go to the email app on your phone (or Gmail if that's what you're using). Force stop, clear app cache and data. From there go back and open the app again - you'll have to log in with the new password of course. This should stop you from spamming others at the least. As for the incoming spam, you'll have to create a filter for that address that sends it directly to the trash/deleted emails folder.
    03-08-2015 09:32 AM