Soon, I will install lollipop update on my samsung galaxy s5 smartphone. I know there's lots of comments about the insulation someone well some didn't go well. I'd like to make the installation as smooth as possible. What are your recommendations for moving from Android 4.4. For to lollipop. I had TouchWiz when I got the phone, but I wanted Google now. There's many differences, especially in the apps menu. Will that make a difference in insulation? Are there any other changes I should make before the update? Any details you can provide, I'd appreciate it.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network
    03-07-2015 08:26 AM
    I always suggest a cache partition wipe after the update. http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404. Others may suggest a full factory reset after the update, which is a hassle, but might actually be a bit better.
    03-08-2015 03:38 AM
    Make sure your contacts, photos, videos, etc are backed up either to the cloud or your computer. Take screen shots so you'll know how to arrange your screens and apps. I'll be doing this tomorrow to prepare to do a FR when LolliFLOP invades my S5. I'm also going to make sure all my downloaded apps don't automatically download and reinstall. I'll take this opportunity to do some house cleaning.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-08-2015 03:47 AM
    Make sure your contacts, photos, videos, etc are backed up either to the cloud or your computer. Take screen shots so you'll know how to arrange your screens and apps. I'll be doing this tomorrow to prepare to do a FR when LolliFLOP invades my S5. I'm also going to make sure all my downloaded apps don't automatically download and reinstall. I'll take this opportunity to do some house cleaning.
    How did you make out with your lollipop upgrade? Thanks

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network
    03-17-2015 02:37 PM
    I never upgraded. 1 of 2 upgrades downloaded and installed but I told upgrade 2 to not download and I haven't gotten any nag screens...NONE :o
    03-25-2015 03:50 AM
    I never upgraded. 1 of 2 upgrades downloaded and installed but I told upgrade 2 to not download and I haven't gotten any nag screens...NONE :o
    I downloaded both and except for the blank screen and no dialog boxes, the installation went well. It's, 5.0, and looking great.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0
    03-25-2015 07:19 AM