On my Samsung S5, the wi-fi button doesn't turn on. How can I solve this problem?

A

AC Question

On my Samsung S5, the wi-fi button doesn't turn on

When i try to turn on my wifi button, sometimes nothing happens, the other times it quickly turns on then off. This means i am not even able to scan for networks. Also makes the whole phone lag.

When screen rotation is turned on on the wifi page, the screen rotates 90 degrees but leaves the left side of the screen black, then after 3 seconds properly rotates. The only way to back out of the wifi page, is to continually press the home button, the back button doesnt work. When not on the wifi page the phone doesnt lag anymore.

What is the problem and how should i solve it.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: On my Samsung S5, the wi-fi button doesn't turn on

Have you tried it in the main settings menu? Not from the notification panel shortcut keys. Would be interested to see if it makes any difference. Have you tried a factory reset yet. Seems you might be heading that way unfortunately.

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: On my Samsung S5, the wi-fi button doesn't turn on

Yeah, i tried both ways, also i want to make sure if a factory reset is the only solution and will 100% fix it.

Now on the wifi page it just says "Turning on..." and it doesnt let me press the on switch

Last edited: