What is the best portable backup battery pack (charger) for S5 and S3?

A

AC Question

Best portable backup battery pack (charger) for S5 and S3

I'm going on a trip and in my party we'll have an S5 and an S3 so a product that could do both would be great! Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: which is the best portable charger for samsung galaxy S5 and S3?

I'm going on a trip and in my party we'll have an S5 and an S3 so a product that could do both would be great! Thanks!
There are many options to choose from. Check the Shop Android website for a good selection: Samsung Galaxy S5 Backup Batteries - ShopAndroid

If you want to carry a portable charger and charge both devices without having to recharge the battery pack then go with a minimum 5,000mAh portable charger. Anything less won't get you two full charges. Alternatively, you can probably find replacement batteries and carry the spare(s) with you. Just a thought.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: which is the best portable charger for samsung galaxy S5 and S3?

The S5 battery has a capacity of 2800mAh. The S3 battery has a capacity of 2100mAh. That's 4900mAh total. Since you should nevcer let the battery drop to less than 40% charge, you'll be charging 60% of that, or 2940mAh. So a 5000 mAh pack (60% available, so 3000mAh) will give you about 1 recharge of each phone before the pack has to be recharged.

The largest pack I've seen so far is Anker's 25,600mAh pack (which gives you 15,360mAh before it has to be recharged), so you'll get over 5 recharges on each phone. For $80, that's not bad.