Why does my S5 display get a green-yellow filter when on low brightness?

withwing

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
S5 display gets green-yellow "filter" when on low brightness.

Hey guys, about three days ago, my s5 had a weird filter when the brightness isn't at full. There are some lines, the colors are all washed out and inaccurate especially the blacks which appear red-brown. I have tried everything, yes, even a factory reset, and no luck. I took some pictures to describe the situation of my phone. And if you think it's just a bad camera quality, trust me, it isn't.

20150312_212316[1].jpg 20150312_212350[1].jpg 20150312_212458[1].jpg 20150312_213131[1].jpg

If anyone has a solution, please help and thank you for your time.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: S5 display gets green-yellow "filter" when on low brightness.

Yuck :(
It looks like your amoLED screen is burnt or just dyig..
the only time I've seen something like that is when someone had an old screen protector on that was discoloring everything.
what happens when you change the screen settings from dynamic to whatever? I'm guessing it stays the same?

withwing

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

I never had a screen protector on. And , you were right, when i change my screen mode, nothing happens.

So you think its a hardware problem ?

Posted via the Android Central App

withwing

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

I've been doing some research and didn't find anything. I'm pretty sure its an uncommon problem, but the closest I've found are dead pixels or a burnt screen.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

You need to take your phone to a Samsung Service Point and get it checked out as it looks as though you have a faulty AMOLED screen. It can happen in the complicated manufacturing process of these screens.

withwing

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for the reply, but i had my phone for approximatly 10 month now and it's the first time any screen defect has happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance