Galaxy s5 charging cables no longer work

nodakskip1

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
First sorry if this posts twice but my browser crashed on me.

Have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Updated to lollipop and now have two weird battery issues.

1. It sometimes comes with an alert saying I should adjust my back cover, but its in a Ballistic brand case where the entire thing is secure so I know its ok.

2. Only got one wall charger when I bought it. The car one cord was the wrong end. I think they changed the charging cord between the S4 and S5. So I ordered a set of wall chargers, cords and car adapter from ebay. The ebay ones worked fine till I updated to lollipop. Now I plug in one of the ebay ones and it charges for a few minutes and then goes to not charging and says I should close my charging cover (little plug cover on very bottom) its like it suddenly can not read the charging cord that is plugged in.

Can I adjust any settings to let my cords work again or do I have to get all new name brand cords for the phone? Though the only samsung charging cords i have found around town are the ones with the smaller data plug, it kind of looks like the Iphone 5-6 plug rather than the wider Galaxy S5 cord.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
you may just have some cheap fake eBay charging cords, there pretty prevalent. you can use a regular micro usb in an S5. you just plug it into the right side of the slot the left side is the micro USB 3.0. being that the Galaxy s5 charges off an 2.1 mil amp charger you need the proper gauge wires in your cable to get a proper charge. I'm sure someone around here can recommend an alternative to the more expensive Samsung brand that still works properly.

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine does the same thing with my chargers. They are the original wide chargers that came with my phone from Verizon when I signed up. It won't recognize them to charge. They just suck down the battery extremely fast. The only charger that will work to charge is my little charger from my old samsung nexus 10 tablet.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Glad to help :)
Just make sure the cable is rated to carry 2 mA to get the fast charging - lesser rated cables will not provide enough juice..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos