Why is my battery dying after the new update?

SadieSchrag

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Battery dying after the new update.

I have had my Galaxy S5 since last May and I have loved it! It was great! I updated my phone last week and all of a sudden, today, the battery died before lunch after having been 100% charged this morning at 7 when I unplugged it. It is also really really slow (That started pretty soon after I updated the phone), and it is quite hot.

It's also not connecting to the wifi very well. But that could be the wifi where I am not working properly. I'm not sure.

Any suggestions on what to do would be great!

Thanks!

cdr35ret

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Battery dying after the new update.

I just got off a pretty informative chat with Verizon Wireless. It seems that the update did us in at least temporarily. If you are reading this post and you haven't yet installed the update, I would hold off until Samsung or Android comes up with a fix. It isn't clear in my mind who the real culprit is here. However, I am fairly confident it has something to do with Lollipop.

YoSaintLaurent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

I have been having the same issue wit mine. I realized that the heart rate sensor was coming on despite the phone being in my pocket and not using the S Health app. I had the phone replace but now the same thing is happening. So it has to be the update. No clue what to do at this point.

Brian_Blaire

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

It's just lollipop.. Same thing happened with my phone.. I had my s5 since last July and this phone has been great.. I work 2 jobs and the battery life would last through both and I would still have juice leftover to surf the web or watch YouTube.. Now with this new lollipop update my phone dies halfway through my 1st job and I have to bring my charger everywhere I go😒 waiting for Google and Samsung to fix this... 😞

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood