Dell’s Cyber Monday in Julysaves you up to 50%!
    In SETTINGS, my accounts are not synced. Trying to sync manually does nothing. How can I sync, and what am I missing? Thanks.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network
    03-18-2015 07:15 AM
    Let's assume everything,
    Are you connected to the internet, data on, or wifi connected with the correct password?

Have you recently changed passwords for accounts that won't sync?

Do you have global sync set to on, and/or do you have settings for frequency of sync? i.e. every 4 hours, 15 mins, etc.

Can you access the Play Store? Does it log you in or do you get an error?

Has your device updated OS lately?

Are you on a restricted network? WiFi from your employer or other private networks may block certian information from being accessed or updated.

Do you still have service on the device? Without service your device may still show a data signal but will not allow access to network data so you will be forced to use a WiFi connection.

Does your phone show you are connected to a network or WiFi? Are you in airplane mode or have data switched off in your settings?

Do your apps that require network work? If you open an app like Facebook or Gmail will it update when open, or does it continue to show you old data from the last time you were able to connect?

Look at these things and post back.
    03-18-2015 08:48 AM
    None of those issues apply. I'm using a smartphone galaxy s5. sync has always worked before. I don't know what happened but I may have changed some settings. What is the global sync that you mentioned in your post. Thanks

03-18-2015 09:36 AM
    When you open the setting tab "accounts and sync" at the top there's a toggle for sync or auto sync to be on. Many well turn this off to save data usage and a small amount of battery. When off apps will only sync when opened. With this on you can manually control each app by touching the apps listed under this and making a selection from the options given for each.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2015 06:16 AM
    Do they sync when opened?

03-19-2015 06:17 AM
    When you open the setting tab "accounts and sync" at the top there's a toggle for sync or auto sync to be on. Many well turn this off to save data usage and a small amount of battery. When off apps will only sync when opened. With this on you can manually control each app by touching the apps listed under this and making a selection from the options given for each.

There is no toggle for automatic sync. There is a sync in the menu. When I sync it takes forever but it does eventually sync. Then sometime during the day, the indicator is that sync is not set. I don't know what's changing it. Thanks for your input.

03-19-2015 07:44 AM
    You don't have the toggle?

Is it one app that's saying that it isn't synced or is it the device saying that it isn't synced?

Can you screenshot your settings and their menus, as I have here, and post them?

Are you using a battery saver or memory saver app? These will sometimes turn syncing off to conserve one or both of these resources. Does your device have a power save mode there may be a setting in there to do this as well.

Attached Thumbnails Sync accounts-5858.jpg   Sync accounts-5859.jpg   Sync accounts-5861.jpg   Sync accounts-5860.jpg  
    03-19-2015 08:12 AM