S5 "about device" query.

Damian Swain

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Can somebody please check something for me, as I'm worried about an auto update that happened just recently.

Under settings/system/about device/software update/then click the 3 dots at the upper right, then click help - there is an information symbol, then underneath that is a blue bar in a black box indicating a %.

Can anyone tell me what their percentage here is and give me an heads up of exactly what this is referring to or denotes, please?

When the auto update took place, it fully downloaded but I didn't install it as I've heard too many horror stories about the Lollipop update.

I performed an hard reset, a cache partition, and am worried that this percentage bar is suggesting something untoward.

Can anyone please shed any light?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Offhand, I am not sure what it is, but since your post, did you get a notification that the phone is ready to do a system update?

Damian Swain

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

No, there has been no notification about an update as I've turned all things off like auto update, etc', as I'm definitely not interested in the Lollipop firmware at this stage.

Just out of interest - what % is your percentage bar showing, and also, are you still using stock Kitkat firmware or otherwise?

Cheers.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

No, there has been no notification about an update as I've turned all things off like auto update, etc', as I'm definitely not interested in the Lollipop firmware at this stage.

Just out of interest - what % is your percentage bar showing, and also, are you still using stock Kitkat firmware or otherwise?

Cheers.
I don't have an S5. I was just curious if you got a notification in the time difference between your post and mine.

From an AOSP M8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674