I am still using KitKat (not rooted) and would like to know about the standard camera video app. Does the app automatically time out after a set period of time if I leave it on unattended or does it stop when there is no more memory available.

Any help would be appreciated.
    03-18-2015 12:00 PM
    I've never tried that on any phone, but the easiest way to find out is to set it to record, then come back in an hour. Unless you're recording to a huge SD card, it's going to run out of space before that, so if you get 5 minutes of video and free space left, you'll know. (You can just delete the junk file you created.)
    03-18-2015 01:51 PM
    I was hoping someone had tried it but I guess I will just setup a test as you suggest.

BTW, does anyone know of an app where I can set my phone to start recording at a set time and then have it stop after x minutes?
    03-18-2015 06:08 PM
    Check the play store, I'm sure you'll find at least one app that has a video timer.. Not sure if stock camera timer works with video... As for the camera app timing out, I don't think so.. I think it'll keep recording video until you run out of space or it overheats...

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S5
    03-18-2015 07:29 PM
    I ran a test on how long standard camera app would record and in my test it stopped recording when file was 4 GB even though I had plenty of room left on SD Card.

Could not fine app with start timer and would appreciate help.
    03-18-2015 07:43 PM
    I'm still looking but if you wanted to spy on someone then you could use the remote view finder.. You would have to place your phone in hidden location and you could control the camera thru another phone I believe thru bluetooth.

03-18-2015 09:47 PM
    I'm still looking but if you wanted to spy on someone then you could use the remote view finder.. You would have to place your phone in hidden location and you could control the camera thru another phone I believe thru bluetooth.

I am not looking to spy on someone. The phone will be in plain view, I want to start it automatically because I want to start it at a time when I am sleeping.
    03-18-2015 10:00 PM
    I might have found an app.. It's called Automate on Google play. This app will let you automate anything on your phone.. I have successfully taken a pic but still working on video.

03-18-2015 10:28 PM