I have 32 apps running in the background draining the battery, how can I stop some of these?

A

AC Question

32 apps running in background draining battery

my phone and my husband S5 keeps coming up with message 32 or 50 apps running in background - draining battery. then you optimize and half hour ago it is back doing the same

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: 32 apps running in background draining battery

Apps will always restart whenever you do something on your phone like turn something on or off.
You can edit how many background tasks are running in the developer settings but it will revert to normal once the phone is rebooted. Enable developer settings on your phone and then click on background process limit.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: 32 apps running in background draining battery

32 or 50 apps running or 32 or 50 apps in RAM? There's a big difference. Android won't remove an app from RAM unless it needs that space for something else. (There's always going to be something there - whether it's random bytes or the code from an app that's not running makes no difference to the battery. Empty RAM - RAM that has no data in it - is only possible in two cases - either the phone is turned off or the RAM chip is bad.)

At the moment I have 22 apps running and 44 more apps cached (in RAM but not running). Install SystemPanelLite and you'll see what's running and what's just not yet removed. And NEVER "optimize" by killing apps (or "cleaning apps out of RAM") - read Multitasking the Android Way. (I usually take the word of someone who wrote the code over the thousands who are guessing how it works.) Cleaning RAM just wastes battery, because if Android needs the app you killed, it'll load it right back. Then your "optimizer" app will remove it. Then Android will reload it. And on and on and ... It also slows the phone down quite a bit.

The memory manager's one of the best parts of Android - let it do its work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay